Swmbo Idea Swap

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cheezydemon

Reaction score
OK it is late! And I do have a couple of things, but not a really good one. I thought that we could collectively put gift ideas out there and maybe give each other some good ones. I know I am not the only one in this boat.
I will start with the obvious:

Jewelery
Perfume

I have no advice for you... I just wanted to share the fact that I misread the title and thought you were talking about swapping SWMBO's. :drunk:

the_bird said:
Oh, so this isn't a SWMBO-swap? :(

Darn!

...my wife isn't a big jewlery person. I find that gift certificates for massages, manicures and pedicures go over pretty big. This year, I got her an I-pod because she mentioned it would be nice to have one a few months ago.

Oh wait. We're not swapping SWMBOs? It'd make a great reality TV show.

"Welcome to Trading Brewers, where these lovely wives and girlfriends get a chance to trade their lousy homebrewing beer guzzling counterparts for OTHER homebrewing beer guzzling guys! Sit down and get ready, because the trub is really gonna fly in this episode!"

Sir Humpsalot said:
I got SWMBO a food processor. It's our first Christmas together. :)

...and may be your last. One thing that I've ALWAYS found true is that women HATE getting household items for Christmas or birthday gifts. Unless she asked for that, I'd suggest you reconsider.

My SWMBO is not impractical. We both love to cook, so a food processor was an OK gift our first year. She would not be thrilled with it this year.

Massage, etc. sounds good!

P.S. WELL WE KNOW WHO HERE HAVE UGLY WIVES!!lol(the ones who were so quick to jump on and swap their swmbo for whatever is behind door #3!)

Naw, Cheezy, it ain't about ugly, it's about fun hokey entertainment, and a chance to learn and grow through putting up with a new person's .. uhm .. uniquities.

Anyways. I got SWMBO some unmentionables in her favorite color and brand (yay for secretly collecting data from her throughout the year!) and still need to find the other 1/2 of her present.... No matter what I get, it's probably going wind up as a Basket of Things Swmbo Likes. That's what I did last year. I know all of her weird little favorite things (She goes ape**** for Peanut M&M's) and putting them all in the same basket usually turns it into the ultimate aphrodesiac.

She doesn't have a clue what I like though. It's kinda sad, but kinda funny. :p

Jester369 said:
Naughty clothing is another favorite (and it's a gift we can both enjoy!
And by "we", you mean the HBT community, right? :D I think I speak for all of us when I say -- we greatly appreciate it.

DaveyBoy said:
And by "we", you mean the HBT community, right? :D I think I speak for all of us when I say -- we greatly appreciate it.

Fight club..............................;)

Ok, more ideas that just came to me. How about a "luxury" item that we really want but can't really buy for ourselves. Maybe a cashmere scarf, or real down throw. Something that we would love to have but reallly can't justify spending the money on for ourselves. I'm always cold, so that's why I thought of the scarf and throw (or a silk thermal t shirt). But anything that she enjoys but just can't see spending the money on would be appreciated.

Rule number 1, we don't talk about... uhm... whatever it is we don't talk about. I forgot already. :D

What kinds of hobbies/interests does she have? I find a lot of times that perfume and jewelry, etc. are too generic. So something that corresponds to her interests might be a better idea.

I got SWMBO a Zune this year, was going to go with an iPod but i got a way better deal. I got her a laptop a couple of years ago. She isn't much of a jewlery person.

Cheers

YooperBrew said:
Fight club..............................;)

Ok, more ideas that just came to me. How about a "luxury" item that we really want but can't really buy for ourselves. Maybe a cashmere scarf, or real down throw. Something that we would love to have but reallly can't justify spending the money on for ourselves. I'm always cold, so that's why I thought of the scarf and throw (or a silk thermal t shirt). But anything that she enjoys but just can't see spending the money on would be appreciated.

Yoop you need to make your text pink, I was reading all these and not looking at the names and thought dam this guy is ghey he wants a cashmere scarf and throw :D

Tiffany's. Just pick out anything from Tiffany's within your price range. It doesn't seem to matter what the design is, if it's in the little blue box they love it.

rdwj said:
...and may be your last. One thing that I've ALWAYS found true is that women HATE getting household items for Christmas or birthday gifts. Unless she asked for that, I'd suggest you reconsider.

Actually, she told me not to get it this year because we can't afford it... :eek:

SuperiorBrew said:
Yoop you need to make your text pink, I was reading all these and not looking at the names and thought dam this guy is ghey he wants a cashmere scarf and throw :D

Either that or you would think, wow this guy is definitely the ghey for using pink text and talking about cashmere scarfs and throw. Heh.

Sir Humpsalot said:
Actually, she told me not to get it this year because we can't afford it... :eek:

Shrug. I'm going to have to disagree with masses. If cooking is hobby then a cooking item works.

I bought my wife a KitchenAid stand mixer the first year we were dating. She loved to bake and her eyes got misty looking at one. Good thing I stayed with her. Those things cost a fortune.

chriso said:
Anyways. I got SWMBO some unmentionables in her favorite color and brand (yay for secretly collecting data from her throughout the year!) and still need to find the other 1/2 of her present....

So, umm ... is that really a gift for her OR YOU!;)

Definitely her. I like her better without ;) .... meanwhile, she's been grieving the fact that all her skivvies are getting old and worn, and how nice a new pair would be!

Hobbies and interests...yeah right! Good thoughts, but her hobbies and interests right now are summed up by:breast feeding the baby while trying not to kill the other 2 kids out of frustration because she is stuck breast feeding the baby.

Her best gift will be tomorrow when I watch all 3 kids so that she can go to the grocery by herself.

I went with perfume, massage, and a couple of more personal things.

P.S. Yooper! you aren't allowed in here!lol didn't you see the sign on the door?

This sign?

photohemanshirt.jpg

I've already started the process of tearing up the carpet in the basement in preparation to lay down tile...yep, that's what the wife wanted. ;) (Unfortunately, the foam padding has been glued around the seams. Lots of tacking nailed into the cement floor. This has gotten to be a major effort.)
Also, got her 2 Tiffany lamps for the end tables we don't have yet...:confused:

A portable lighted (magnified 1 side) make-up mirror for "her" bathroom...

A Garmin C330 GPS for the car...

Plus we're planning another trip to Hawaii sometime in Jan...

A couple DVDs for stocking stuffers...

Last year I did a drawing for my wife, along with some chocolates from the local chocolatier. She seemed to really like it. I've always been a fan of supporting local artists, maybe a painting or drawing of your kid/dog/cat/whatever?

This year I went with the bunny slippers (like from Real Genius), a few cool T-Shirts I know she wanted and some new running shoes she wanted. I wanted to get another drawing done for her but time slipped away (and was spent making beer when I probably should have been working on it). Maybe for her Bday....
I also started a sweet mead for her for xmas but I'l have to put a bow on the carboy since it's nowhere near done =P ...not sure what I was thinking on that one...
nb

Latest posts

Back