What temperature differential do you guys use with your Ranco controllers?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zanemoseley

Reaction score
I've got a Ranco hardwired to a used chest freezer I got and it's working like a champ. However I'm curious what you guys use for the temperature differential. Obviously it's there to protect the device it's controlling but I'm not sure what a standard differential is for a fridge or freezer. Us brewers like the best level of control but I don't wanna get too anal retentive with the temperatures and kill my fermenter.

So I guess that would work out to about 2 degrees fahrenheit. Have you done that for long with no ill effects on the fridge/freezer?

Yeah its fine, just make sure you set the anti-short cycle delay on the controller... on mine its under the ASD menu and I use about 8 minutes for mine.

I just put mine down to 3*F. I got this quite large chest freezer for $100 and really don't wanna kill it. I don't think I'm too worried about 3 degrees anyway.

Latest posts

Back