Inkbird Temperature Controller

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

InspectorJon

Reaction score
I see Inkbird, a great forum sponsor, is giving away another version of their temperature controller on 5/24/22 (link to giveaway). I am curious what other uses folks have found for these devices other than controlling the temperature in a fermentation chamber. I got one when I built my FC and it works great. To be clear, I have no connection with Inkbird, I am just curious.

I use temperature controllers on my seedling mats to germinate veggies. I have a cheap greenhouse that next season I am going to resheath the plastic and build a doorframe in on one end and the other end I will install a fan to keep the temps down. The fan will be hooked up to a controller.

I have a freezer with a bad thermostat. It will run all day long even though the inside is -30. One of these temp controllers solved that problem.

I used one for a while to stop an outdoor spigot from freezing up.

A friend used one to make an incubator for chicken eggs.

I have several of these...

https://www.digiten.shop/collections/thermostat
Pretty much the same thing as Inkbird. I like that on the single outlet model that I can see the actual temp, run value and stop value without having to push a button.

I thought I once saw the same manufacturer name associated with both brands Digiten and Inkbird.... ShenZhen Huimai

My ITC-380 developed a form of digital 'schizophrenia' recently for no apparent reason. I had to replace it with an ATC-800 unit that I put together about 9 years ago. These types of controllers, including STC-1000s, are useful for all kinds of things. Keeping chickens warm during the winter. A greenhouse cool during the summer. Ice off the steps. Seedlings cosy, etc.

On top of FC, I've made yogurt with mine connected to a heat belt.
And now that my thermostat went kaput on my kegerator it regulates that too.

OK, confession time. I think I have an Inkbird addiction. I started with one to control my keezer, and was impressed. I bought another to handle my first stainless fermenter. I then built a glycol chiller to feed the fermenter and my bar font, you guessed it another Inkbird. Then the second fermenter came along, and well, you can see where this is going. The other night I was making a yeast starter and the heat mat I normally use was way too warm. I borrowed an Inkbird from one of the fermenters, but that's not a permanent solution is it? So another Inkbird is already in the post. Whilst I'm here, I better fess up to the Christmas grab bag I bought last year too, that had a BBQ thermometer and a Bluetooth temp monitor in it.

Back