Bellsouth DSL Rant

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Walker-san said:
We need a "rant" forum...RANT ARGH! RANT
We need a Political forum too! We have a secret one, why can't we have a no-hands barred forum? We're all, OK, most of us are, grown-ups and we (kinda) respect each other pretty much (unless you're a certain Marine...;) ).

End of rant...I know kinda pansy-like, huh?:D

Incidentally, where the hell has Walker been? He's not going El P on us, is he? Did Bellsouth find this rant and kill his internet access?

Cheesefood said:
US is so far behind in broadband that it's pathetic. S. Korea, Japan, and China already dominate in the BB market.

Thanks for the feedback cheese; with that knowledge I choose to move to Japan for the fresh sushi. ;)

homebrewer_99 said:
We need a Political forum too! We have a secret one, why can't we have a no-hands barred forum? We're all, OK, most of us are, grown-ups and we (kinda) respect each other pretty much (unless you're a certain Marine...;) ).

End of rant...I know kinda pansy-like, huh?:D

we all seem to be friends, lets not ruin it. if Brett Favre can start problems then politics would really get people mad. I'd be all for it but I now what would happen.

desertBrew said:
<bump>

Anyone seeing those Jack My Price Up cable commercials? Yea, new year & another higher Comcast cable rate. I need to consolidate and upgrade. Right now I get analog basic extended channels with Comcast & DSL and local phone service through Qwest. I got static IP that I can use ( ;) Walker) but am sick of servers in the house and am going to hosting services from now on. So; today I pay:

$88 a month DSL + local phone service.
$54 a month for analog basic extended cable.

That's $142 for older crap. I can get bundle deals from both providers but I'm a bit confused when you get into the digital realm of either cable or DirecTV (offered thru Qwest phone).

Do both tv providers require that a receiver is at every TV? I thought I heard not required for digital cable if you didn't want to do on demand etc.

It looks like a full qwest phone/internet/tv package is cheaper but I'm not so sure yet. I don't have an HDTV yet but plan to in the coming months. So now I also read on DirectTV that you have to pay up to get a HD receiver to get high def? Is that the same with cable?

And if all things being equal price wise which would you prefer for the tv feed?
What a friggen game :drunk: and I have a feeling my questions aren't done yet.

I had analog Comcast too. For $1 more per month, they gave me a digital cable box with the same cable package. Now I have On Demand and lots of free movies like Young Frankenstein. :rockin:

Verizon's FiOS should be here soon so things may get interesting....

Why do I have this wierd feeling my questions are getting buried really fast :D.

Oops, got a response. Let me read...

todd_k said:
I had analog Comcast too. For $1 more per month, they gave me a digital cable box with the same cable package. Now I have On Demand and lots of free movies like Young Frankenstein. :rockin:

Verizon's FiOS should be here soon so things may get interesting....

So is the HD feed part of it with comcast or does that take something extra like it seems with DirectTV?

PS - as for broadband rants, I really don't care too much about that since my company pays me for that, but if I can reduce everything else at their expense...

desertBrew said:
So is the HD feed part of it with comcast or does that take something extra like it seems with DirectTV?

PS - as for broadband rants, I really don't care too much about that since my company pays me for that, but if I can reduce everything else at their expense...

I dunno, I don't have and HD tv. I believe they offer some shows and networks in HD like Sportscenter or MNF but if you want all HD channels you have to order an additional package.

Latest posts

Back