What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sour ginger peach ale
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1387910104.739311.jpg

Damn man, that's rough. Don't blame you for being Scrooge-y. Good luck with everything.

What's with the plague of flooding in the alchie thread?

I think I may be turning into Scrooge today. I woke up to a flooded kitchen floor leaking from under my sink...one of my wife's three ******* cats sprayed diarrhea all over our dining room carpet that I JUST shampoo'd...another cat puked in the living room (also just shampoo'd)...and I'm informed that we have to go to dinner at my wife's grandmotger's trailer. With 10 other people. In a single wide trailer.

Having a Tank 7 with lunch. Will be looking to bring a bottle of scotch with me tonight.

Oh. Did I mention that I also just realized that I never cleaned out my mash run from the last time I brewed before I left for OKC? Yeah. That explains all the fruit flies everywhere. There's just not enough alcohol in this house...

Look on the bright side. You claimed post #75000. ;)

Damn man, that's rough. Don't blame you for being Scrooge-y. Good luck with everything.

What's with the plague of flooding in the alchie thread?

A sign from a higher being telling us to drink more water?

Sorry to hear about your morning tyzippers.

Hope things get better zippers! Drinking a nice oatmeal milk stout after plowing through this pig and cheese sandwich (ham and bacon) :rockin:

2013-12-24 12.39.02.jpg

I think I may be turning into Scrooge today. I woke up to a flooded kitchen floor leaking from under my sink...one of my wife's three ******* cats sprayed diarrhea all over our dining room carpet that I JUST shampoo'd...another cat puked in the living room (also just shampoo'd)...and I'm informed that we have to go to dinner at my wife's grandmotger's trailer. With 10 other people. In a single wide trailer.

Having a Tank 7 with lunch. Will be looking to bring a bottle of scotch with me tonight.

Oh. Did I mention that I also just realized that I never cleaned out my mash run from the last time I brewed before I left for OKC? Yeah. That explains all the fruit flies everywhere. There's just not enough alcohol in this house...

Sorry to hear about that pile of coal dumped in you. I hope your Christmas turns around for you!

First one for this year...
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1387914052.652082.jpg

Comparing my two black imperial IPAs from this year. The first one was under attenuated, but had more body

Sent from my SGH-I747 using Home Brew mobile app

If teetotalers are willing to drink your eggnog, you're doing it wrong. :D

I think you misunderstood. I use The Joy of Cooking recipe. It's 1950's strength. I only make a half batch - 6 eggs, qt of cream, 1/2 lb powdered sugar, 1/5 of liqour (I prefer to use rye &/or spiced rum but we were gifted some Jack), and cup of peach brandy. Topped with freshly grated nutmeg. Big mug of that on an empty stomach this morning and I was :drunk: by 10am.

Where do you order your coffee from?

Sweet Maria's.

This is the best post I've read in months...I'm going to remember this for the next 8 days as I spend time with family.

Crazy aunt & uncle showed up. Glad I was well fortified.

At least the mash tun makes the cat sick not smell as bad? :cross: I hope you own a flask for dinner tonight and that things get better for you!

Firestone DBA and I found one bottle of Saison Rue for $12.49 at Albertsons which is half of what I would pay in NC.
View attachment 167869

Not that I thought highly of NC east of the mountains, but the more you tell me about the beer scene over there, the worse it sounds. I think regular Bruery stuff like Saison Rue is all $9-13 in the Asheville.

Not that I thought highly of NC east of the mountains, but the more you tell me about the beer scene over there, the worse it sounds. I think regular Bruery stuff like Saison Rue is all $9-13 in the Asheville.

Damn. That's robbery now.

Twas the night before Christmas
& all through the thread,
Not an alchy was stirring,
I hope they're not dead! :D

Water.(not of the BMC variety)
Still out in the woods and haven't seen any deer today. I'm about to head back to the camp house and have myself a beer or three.

So thirsty but I just bought a 4 pack of CoCoNut Porter by Maui Brewing Company, two bombers of Wookey Jack, and a bomber of Big Bad Baptist.

So thirsty but I just bought a 4 pack of CoCoNut Porter by Maui Brewing Company, two bombers of Wookey Jack, and a bomber of Big Bad Baptist.

Mmmm, wooooookkkkkeeeeeyyyy!
Wish I had one right now.

Peach and pecan Dunkel I made. First time using gelatin in one of my kegs. Came out great.

image-2190635437.jpg

Brux domesticated wild ale. Good stuff, but maybe i was expecting more from it, not blown away. Bought another bottle to store, see how it tastes in 6 months.

Sent from my SGH-I747 using Home Brew mobile app

1387928935375.jpg

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1387929698.166522.jpg
Got this from MrNickVT. This is actually pretty dang good. Thanks Nick! I'm enjoying this one a lot.

The first lonestar state beer i've ever had! Now I know why so many texans homebrew.

IMG_0491.jpg

Back