What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1387849314.429345.jpg

Sobieski Polish Rye Vodka, picked it up on a whim, it was on sale and included 2 free shot glasses. Holy crap, this stuff is stupid good. For $16 (normally $18) for a 1.75, I was expecting more of a Svedka-type experience, this blows away Ketel and Grey Goose, IMO.

I just drank a Three Heads Brewing "Rochestafarian" wee heavy. Hated it. My bottle had a wierd medicinal aftertaste that built up until I quit with four fingers left in my glass. (Beer, not actual fingers...that might have explained the problem.) Now I'm trying to get the label off the bottle to salvage something worthwhile, and it's one of those glossy ones that leaves sticky gunk behind. On the plus side, encountering a commercial brew so completely irritating is its own wierd sort of amusement.

I just drank a Three Heads Brewing "Rochestafarian" wee heavy. Hated it. My bottle had a wierd medicinal aftertaste that built up until I quit with four fingers left in my glass. (Beer, not actual fingers...that might have explained the problem.) Now I'm trying to get the label off the bottle to salvage something worthwhile, and it's one of those glossy ones that leaves sticky gunk behind. On the plus side, encountering a commercial brew so completely irritating is its own wierd sort of amusement.

Last edited by a moderator:
Finally made it to the deer lease and unpacked. Relaxing with a bourbon and coke.

having my Meh Pils. and I hate all-a-y'all that have long holiday vacations. y'all are getting slapped with a porcupine in the grundle.

Hmm ... How would you shorten that for the future - grundle-pining or porcupine-grundled?

View attachment 167759

Sobieski Polish Rye Vodka, picked it up on a whim, it was on sale and included 2 free shot glasses. Holy crap, this stuff is stupid good. For $16 (normally $18) for a 1.75, I was expecting more of a Svedka-type experience, this blows away Ketel and Grey Goose, IMO.

Wow - that's a big shot glass. Bet you only get two shots outta that bottle! ;)

View attachment 167759

IMUO vodka can kiss my arse. We do not have a good history. Though I did puke on a buffalo bills jacket one time as a result of a lost fight with vodka. So there's that.

My FIL got us a deer this year. I'll take a deer over a cow any day!!

Me too. I finally fully converted my wife about a year ago as well. She didn't want anything to do with venison but after a few years she finally came around to the wild game side.

Off topic, but, is anyone else having the problem where the title of the second thread in the list of threads doesn't fully show until you scroll down the list a bit? This is in the iPhone app.
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1387853841.986010.jpg
Thread title not fully visible.
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1387853868.086667.jpg
Now it's visible once the list is scrolled.

Drinking a stella..with a pastrami panini and wasabi mayo. It has taken me 3 days to drink a sixer... and thats all the beer I have had the last 3 days also.been sooo busy

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Home Brew mobile app

Also, on the iPhone app, if you turn off the signature, it turns itself back on every time the app reloads. I had to delete the line from the pre-set signature.

Home brewed all grain hard root beer, wide made some labels for Christmas and one more day and should be perfect.ImageUploadedByHome Brew1387857399.070118.jpg

Been reading a lot about the issues from the update. That's why both my Iphone and iPad still run on iOS 6 and I still have the fairly consistent version of HBT. I like to wait a while before updating to let the smart guys work the kinks out.

Drinking water at work just after being told another Christmas Eve and "most likely" Christmas morning will be missed with the family due to mandatory overtime. The family has gotten used to and kind of enjoys breaking up the festivities in half. Presents for the kids in morning, and we exchange when I get home from work.

Still bummed but hope all of you guys who are off have a great time with your fams, and those of you who are working get home quickly and enjoy your time. Merry Christmas guys! Drink a lot of good beer.

Off topic, but, is anyone else having the problem where the title of the second thread in the list of threads doesn't fully show until you scroll down the list a bit? This is in the iPhone app.
View attachment 167777

Edit: also still working on the Back Burner. Just can't rush a barleywine.
Thread title not fully visible.
View attachment 167778
Now it's visible once the list is scrolled.

Yep. Here too on iPhone. Let me know when you fix it. Also still on iOS6.

Back