Productive Weekend

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

heinz57

Reaction score
Finally back in my place and can get brewing.

10 gallons of Apfelwein yesterday

Today:

5 gallons Oatmeal Stout.

5 gallons Hefe-Weizen.

Man I'm beat. Started prepping everything at about 2 o'clock and finished at 9, almost on the dot. Was planning a Belgian Blonde too, but I'm going to do it tomorrow. Too tired. Brewing and moving in at the same time is difficult. The satisfaction of having 4 (soon to be 5) full carboys bubbling away in the closet, however, is amazing. I owe a lot to everyone here, thank you so much.

-Nick

I'll take some pics tomorrow, once the sun returns. Lighting in this place isn't that great.

-Nick

Buy some light bulbs.

If you don't have enough light sockets, take a trip to Home Depot under pretense of improving lighting conditions. This will give you the excuse to return with a 10 gallon cooler and other brew goodies.

First attempt at adding pictures so bear with me.

10 Gallons of Apfelwein:
Apfelwein.jpg

Rest of the line up:
Line_Up.jpg

Oatmeal Stout Kreusen:
Kreusen.jpg

I thought they were bubbling away NICELY until I woke up this morning and...

...this happened.

Oatmeal Stout Spillage:
Oatmeal_Spillage.jpg

Hefe Weizen Spillage:
Happy_Hefe.jpg

Not going to complain about it though. Mess was very minor. Hopefully tonight I'll have some pics of the Blonde.

-Nick

Hehe...when I saw the first pic of the oatie stout krausen, I thought: you're gonna wanna put a blowoff tube on there. Then I saw the next pic. That's no fun. Get some blowoff tubes, my man...you were lucky this time, but don't tempt fate. There's nothing worse than cleaning stout wort/krausen from the ceiling.

Very true.

Would 1/2" be enough? I figure the best thing for me to do would be attach it to the inner cylinder of the airlock.

Finally I picked the Quinella. Okay, not really. But I finished the Belgian Blonde.

finally.jpg

I put it in the bucket this time. I don't think it'll blow out, but just in case.

-Nick

Back