Keezer Collar Problem

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kniles38

Reaction score
Background:

I had hoped to build a collar that was connected to the lid for ease of loading and line management purposes.

However, the retards that built the freezer I got put the springs inside the lid, not on the outside like most.

I do not want to buy spring hinges and risk puncuring the innards of the freezer when attaching them (found this recommended for this type freezer in a search of the forums). So I want to utilize the springs built into the lid, therefore I believe I am going to have to attach the collar to the freezer.

Question/Idea:

Any reason why I could not attach the collar to the freezer on the back and the sides, but atach the collar to the lid in the front? So when I lift it up, only 1/4 of the collar goes up? I would put some weatherstripping in the necessary places. Anyone done this?

go for it. A brilliant solution to the problem. However, I'd put a small piece across the front to keep the sides from splaying out. If you're going to screw the sides to the kegerator, you could skip the small piece in the front.

Depending on the size of the collar, you might run into issues with the front piece hitting the top corners of the sides when you open and close the lid. But that's the worst problem you'll have.

B

Back