keezer collar sealant, mounting and insulation

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jbinbama

Reaction score
Building my first keezer. Couple of quick questions:

What sealant do you use to attach the collar? Just a normal silicone bath type or something else?

When putting the collar on the keezer do you clamp it down or just drop it one, press a bit to seat it and leave it along?

I wasn't thinking about insulation - big difference or just a nice to have? Might later if it really matters.

What sealant do you use to attach the collar? Just a normal silicone bath type or something else?

I used a construction adhesive. Probably Liquid Nails or similar.

When putting the collar on the keezer do you clamp it down or just drop it one, press a bit to seat it and leave it along?

I did not clamp the collar to fridge interface. And it's held for over a decade now. I may have added some weight to the top. I probably did, but I don't remember.

I wasn't thinking about insulation - big difference or just a nice to have? Might later if it really matters.

Insulation will save energy and reduce cycling of your compressor, probably extending its useful life. And it's not diffucult or expensive to install.

Back