Group Buy in Chicago #7

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
maybe when you pick up your stuff you can coordinate to pick for others in your trailer. If you were to pick up some but not all at the warehouse then the warehouse would need to stack grain according to what you were picking up. I really doubt they are willing to separate sacks for us since that would lead to confusion. I prefer to have everything delivered to me then with some assistance we can sort everything out, including the splits. for me this is ideal.

No sorry I was only referring to Barrels the catalog indicates that they drop ship from JD, but might go faster if they ship direct to the warehouse. Sorry about the confusion.

No sorry I was only referring to Barrels the catalog indicates that they drop ship from JD, but might go faster if they ship direct to the warehouse. Sorry about the confusion.

oh, ok. I thought barrels were dropped shipped to the customer?

oh, ok. I thought barrels were dropped shipped to the customer?

Probably, but that would mean you would have to handle a couple of us clowns stuff after the fact. SO in my being the main clown asking, I figured I could circumvent asking you to double handle a delivery and have it drop shipped to the warehouse and I'd go pick it up considering I am 3 miles from the WH, and if others also wanted one I would volunteer the same for others.

Probably, but that would mean you would have to handle a couple of us clowns stuff after the fact. SO in my being the main clown asking, I figured I could circumvent asking you to double handle a delivery and have it drop shipped to the warehouse and I'd go pick it up considering I am 3 miles from the WH, and if others also wanted one I would volunteer the same for others.

or have it dropped ship at your house...

Neopol,

I would be interested in purchasing a Jack Daniels barrel if you were planning to make a pickup. Just let me know.

Mark

Neopol,

I would be interested in purchasing a Jack Daniels barrel if you were planning to make a pickup. Just let me know.

Mark

Mark - Stay tuned to this channel..now a word from our sponsors...

OK well that's 2 maybe three with G.H. maybe we can persuade Bill to inquire to CMG,

and yes I am more than willing to pick up ("Barrels" from the warehouse, and bring them to Bills or some mid point I'm guessing the trailer could fit 8-10 max)

There will be separate shipping charges I'm guessing. Are the barrels in the database?

Bill, the following items did not appear when I looked for them:

BM‐5688
GP‐FLCRN
BM‐5075

In general, the adjunct cereal grains don't show up for me in the database.

Bill, the following items did not appear when I looked for them:

BM‐5688
GP‐FLCRN
BM‐5075

In general, the adjunct cereal grains don't show up for me in the database.

ghoti will add those soon. don't worry we will leave the buy open to make sure everybody is able to order what they want.

113 sacks so far!

Ghoti will be updating the pricing now that he has the latest spreadsheet with pricing. I have also asked him to look into the starsan split issues and the 8 lb PBW.

I also confirmed 2 more people this morning to participate in the buy. Be back later.

Thanks Bill, I'll keep checking in for the update to go through.

I was trying to start a split on the Star San. I am interested in only one gallon. Is there a reason why the system will not let me open a split on this item? Or do I need to order all 4 gallons on my sheet and manually get others to commit to purchasing the other three gallons?

Mark

Currently I have the following splits if anyone is interested in partaking:
1/5 of 2-row Crystal 120 (GWM Co.)
2/5 of torrified wheat (Thomas Fawcett & Sons)
1/2 of malted wheat (Canada Malting Co.)
1/2 of Superior Pilsen (Canada Malting Co.)

J-Luke said:
Currently I have the following splits if anyone is interested in partaking:
1/5 of 2-row Crystal 120 (GWM Co.)
2/5 of torrified wheat (Thomas Fawcett & Sons)
1/2 of malted wheat (Canada Malting Co.)
1/2 of Superior Pilsen (Canada Malting Co.)

I started a split of Canadian Pilsen yesterday. Are there 2 now or did mine fill?

Sorry, I am on my phone and can't check the order page right now.

forstmeister said:
I started a split of Canadian Pilsen yesterday. Are there 2 now or did mine fill?

Sorry, I am on my phone and can't check the order page right now.

Never mind. Both Pilsen splits filled. This buy is getting huge!

Never mind. Both Pilsen splits filled. This buy is getting huge!

Lol this is my first bulk grain buy rodeo... and Im lovin it! :ban:

So how exactly does the splitting thing work? Is it the responsibility of those involved in splits to make specific arrangements to meet at the place the shipment arrives and actually physically split the bags?

J-Luke said:
Lol this is my first bulk grain buy rodeo... and Im lovin it! :ban:

So how exactly does the splitting thing work? Is it the responsibility of those involved in splits to make specific arrangements to meet at the place the shipment arrives and actually physically split the bags?

Splits used to be done by arrangement. Now when you want one you can look at the available splits at the bottom or add a sack and split it using the buttons on the order page. I believe Bill said that all splits will be handled by a core group of volunteers who will divide everything ahead of pick up. Feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

Splits used to be done by arrangement. Now when you want one you can look at the available splits at the bottom or add a sack and split it using the buttons on the order page. I believe Bill said that all splits will be handled by a core group of volunteers who will divide everything ahead of pick up. Feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

Yes

Yeah I assumed it was done by arrangement which is why I listed my current splits... but having it split prior to pick-up makes things a whole lot easier

Are we able to get hops on this buy? I saw them in the catalog but there has been no mention of hops, unless I just completely missed it-in which case I apologize.

Are we able to get hops on this buy? I saw them in the catalog but there has been no mention of hops, unless I just completely missed it-in which case I apologize.

If it's in the catalog and it's in stock then we should be able to get it.

Man, days in and this thread is only 188 posts... remember the good old days of doing split sacks via posts?

I was trying to start a split on the Star San. I am interested in only one gallon. Is there a reason why the system will not let me open a split on this item? Or do I need to order all 4 gallons on my sheet and manually get others to commit to purchasing the other three gallons?

Mark

Yeah, that's how it works. First guy 'vouches'

Hey Bill - I'm having trouble logging in. I was able to sign in and add a couple sacks of 2 Row a few days ago. I went to add stuff today and the sign in screen just keeps reloading. I tried changing my password but the link from the email gives me this error:

"Not Found

The requested URL /grain/[email protected]&id=62FpXRG41Qva2 was not found on this server."

I'm sure it's something dumb I'm doing. Any tips?

Dan

Hey Bill - I'm having trouble logging in. I was able to sign in and add a couple sacks of 2 Row a few days ago. I went to add stuff today and the sign in screen just keeps reloading. I tried changing my password but the link from the email gives me this error:

"Not Found

The requested URL /grain/[email protected]&id=62FpXRG41Qva2 was not found on this server."

Dan

I'll have to look into it and get back to you.

Bill or ghoti, can you send me a PM when those adjunct grains are added to the database? I don't check this thread as religiously as I should but want to be able to get these into my order.

Bill or ghoti, can you send me a PM when those adjunct grains are added to the database? I don't check this thread as religiously as I should but want to be able to get these into my order.

Ok

Mark

I am good for one gallon of star san, I was waiting for your split to be available.

"Not Found

Dan

The url changed a few days ago after the site had issues. Go back to post 1 and click the link there, it was updated.

The star San split should be working now on the 4x1 gallon only. The prices will be updated tonight when I get home.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back