2-row preferences

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chezhed

Reaction score
I've been using the same 2-row for quite some time and wondered if anyone ever uses two different brands together and if you can notice any difference. Has anyone made the same beer and the only change was the 2-row....and did you notice any difference?
Do you have a favoriter 2-row or do you just buy what you can?

I have been using 2-row Briess for years. I like it and can get others, but this works well for my batches. I made the same batch with Briess and Maris Otter and really couldn't tell that much of a difference. Plus, Briess is cheaper and it is a local company for me.

i've also used briess 2-row, and had good results. i've recently switched to malteurop for the last few bags. works at same efficiency, and tastes just like 2-row, like it should. and i can get it for $30-$35 for 50 lb bags from various local distributors

Rahr is probably my favorite NA 2-Row. Malteurop tastes a little more neutral. I generally dislike Briess base and crystal malts. Generally, I prefer Pale malt over 2-row in most cases though.

Back