Craft Beer MAW(Easy Version)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Probably best for me, swmbo started givin me the stink eye! Already six trades in the last month...

Alrighty here we go

Heady Topper
Ghandi Bot
Anything from Lawson's Finest Liquids
Anything from Hill Farmstead
Any Russian River Sours
Westbook Gose
Crooked Stave(except Vieille, just had that)
Cantillion

Alrighty here we go

Heady Topper
Ghandi Bot
Anything from Lawson's Finest Liquids
Anything from Hill Farmstead
Any Russian River Sours
Westbook Gose
Crooked Stave(except Vieille, just had that)
Cantillion

GRANTED! This one is mine you stole that last one that i could have done :mug:

GRANTED! This one is mine you stole that last one that i could have done :mug:
Sweet!!!
I do wonder if Cantillon should be on these lists... It is surely NOT easy to acquire.
I would agree, no cantillon anymore please
I actually agree with that as well, I was just going through some other's posts and a bunch of people had it, so I thought, well they asked, so why not. I don't think anything else was out of line, was it?

Got the shipping info.

and here it goes

Anything from 3 floyds
Anything from Russian River except for Blind Pig
Any Triple IPA (Yup wide open any of them)
Anything from Westbrook
White Oak-aged Jai Alai IPA -Cigar City
Guava Grove Farmhouse Ale -Cigar City
White-chocolate-moo-hoo -Terrapin
Surly anything

Can add to it in the am if needed. Nite all

As a GA guy, I might rethink that white chocolate moo hoo for this list. Technically it was a shelf beer, but the reality was very few shelves, and not sure it ever made it to an actual shelf.

Got the shipping info.

and here it goes

Anything from 3 floyds
Anything from Westbrook
White-chocolate-moo-hoo -Terrapin
Surly anything

Can add to it in the am if needed. Nite all

I agree on the white chocolate moo moo being a little too rare to have on this list. MAybe just change it to the regular moo moo. Everything else is fine tho!

People stand in line for EVERY beer they release!?

I have only been to Hill Farmstead once, on a Thursday, and I had to wait in line, and it wasn't a bottle release day. I am pretty sure there is a line every day when they open, even to fill growlers.

I am not real familiar with Lawson's sales, but from the way I understand it they pretty much sell out as soon as they hit the shelves. And the releases at the markets require waiting in line.

I do wonder if Cantillon should be on these lists... It is surely NOT easy to acquire.

I would agree, no cantillon anymore please

FWIW
I think we need to rethink what people can and can not put on their lists somehow. I know this is the easy version but does every beer on the list really need to be an 80 or lower on BA too? People are constantly removing items from their lists which just makes the list harder as LESS are listed. I granted the last list just 3 minutes after it was posted (before fins was even able to agree about removing things from the list it was granted) I think as long as there are easy things on the list also you might as well have some actual wishes on the list too am I wrong? I know we don't want to go listing 2008 releases and beers you wait in line for but when their are a bunch of other easy things on the list it is just as easy to ignore them if they are hard for you.

I'll remove the Moo-Hoo was just trying to make the list longer and easier by giving more options.

updated list

3 floyds anything
Westbrook anything
Surly anything
New Holland brewing anything
Brewery Vivant anything
Anything Barrel aged
Any Barleywine
Tallgrass Velvet Rooster
Founders Backwoods Bastard

FWIW
I think we need to rethink what people can and can not put on their lists somehow. I know this is the easy version but does every beer on the list really need to be an 80 or lower on BA too? People are constantly removing items from their lists which just makes the list harder as LESS are listed. I granted the last list just 3 minutes after it was posted (before fins was even able to agree about removing things from the list it was granted) I think as long as there are easy things on the list also you might as well have some actual wishes on the list too am I wrong? I know we don't want to go listing 2008 releases and beers you wait in line for but when their are a bunch of other easy things on the list it is just as easy to ignore them if they are hard for you.

I'll remove the Moo-Hoo was just trying to make the list longer and easier by giving more options.

But if every other post in the trade forums is an iso for your beer, its probably not because its "easy" to find.

But if every other post in the trade forums is an iso for your beer, its probably not because its "easy" to find.

Yeah i get that I haven't looked at the trade forums in a long time though and was getting up a list quickly. Why can't the harder items just be ignored and the 10 other easy things on the list could be looked at? I bet 1/2 of the people on HBT could fullfill my list as easy and wide open as I've tried to make it regardless of the Moo-Hoo.

Not necessarily. Pliny and zombie dust are in like half of isos i feel like and they are easy to find if you're in the distro area.

Agreed I live In the "limited" distribution area for zombie dust and while I can't walk in to the store and get it every day I can get it a couple time a year and defiantly don't have to wait in line

I think, in the spirit of the thread, having one or even two semi-rare beers on a list full of shelf beers isn't the worst. If you're in it to get just those, that could be a problem. That said, we don't know who is sitting on a case of BCS or white chocolate moo-hoo. I know I couldn't find BCBS here to save my life as it sold out in a matter of minutes, but others were showcasing multiple 4-packs. I have one bottle of WCMH but having one bottle means I'd like to keep it. Color me selfish.

So if your list is 10 beers long and it has BCS or WCMH, then perhaps just let people keep it. If there is a list weighted towards these brewery only and rare releases, then things need to be re-thought. Thus far, I could grant two lists but I'm traded out for the year and I needed to make good on my final pending trades. I like this thread because it is still a lot easier.

That's just my two pennies.

updated list

3 floyds anything
Westbrook anything
Surly anything
New Holland brewing anything
Brewery Vivant anything
Anything Barrel aged
Any Barleywine
Tallgrass Velvet Rooster
Founders Backwoods Bastard

I can grant this.

For now, if you have a solid list of 10 easy to find shelf beers, you can post 1 or 2 like the white chocolate moo hoo. The only problem I see with this is then where do we draw the line for the special release ones. I know that people cant be putting up Cantillon or Westy 12, but how do we decide if it close to that level of rare? I guess as long as you have a big enough list of easy access beers and you dont hold up the thread, I wont say anything. If keywest disagrees with this later, that is the final decision.

Just remember that people here on HBT are generous. I received an Abyss from poptarts which I did not ask for and would be consider a rarer special release beer. More than likely, you will get something you did not expect and thats half the fun. Just make sure we keep it reasonable guys, nothing too expensive either. Thanks for understanding, you guys/gals have been great so far

I'll just go with breweries to make it easy - any from the following:

New Glarus
Cascade
Russian River (still have not had Pliny....)
Three Floyds
Pipeworks
The Bruery
Cigar City
Westbrook
Alesmith

That should be easy enough I think. I prefer sours and stouts - the bigger the better - where possible but if it's new to me I'll be happy.

Cheers!

I think hello put it pretty solid. If the list is obviously weighted toward limited beers, they may be asked to adjust it.

There is no way to say what is limited and what is not for 100% of beers. My area sells out of everything that I consider limited within the first day usually, not even making it to shelves. But ive been on vacation and seen some of that same stuff sitting on shelves months later. Its crazy.

You run into this when there is no hard and fast rule because of subjectivity, everyone kind of has to just use their best judgement.

LoloMT7 said:
There is something that is not on the shelves in Philadelphia ? Are you sure I thought you guys get everything there?! ;)

I still see some of it around too. Same with others like Bruery or other limited releases. I'll find them sitting on a shelf of a smaller store a month later, but in another area of the country that could be unheard of.

One man's limited release may be another man's shelf turd...

Exactly why we are allowing it for now as long as there is a good selection of easy brews to get.

New Glarus
Cascade
Three Floyds
Pipeworks
The Bruery
Cigar City
Westbrook
Alesmith

That should be easy enough I think. I prefer sours and stouts - the bigger the better - where possible but if it's new to me I'll be happy.

Cheers!

List Bump

New Glarus
Cascade
Three Floyds
Pipeworks
The Bruery
Cigar City
Westbrook
Alesmith

Cheers!

I could get in some real trouble in this thread. I'd say I've been able to grant at least half of them so far(like Canti's here), just have been too slow(sometimes writing my grant post when I refresh and see someone else just did so). It will take some determination to make myself wait longer than the required week in between.

New Glarus
Cascade
Three Floyds
Pipeworks
The Bruery
Cigar City
Westbrook
Alesmith

Cheers!

Granted!

Latest posts

Back