Keezer Build Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OatStraw

Reaction score
OK I am going to pick up my GE 7.0 from HD tomorrow and want to get started on the build, which I hope to document on here since we obviously need more :cross:.

I have run into 1 design issue. My wife wants it in the dining room :ban: but it needs to "look nice" and hide the freezer, so a full cabinet is in the plans; However I do not want to drill through the top of my freezer lid.

Has anyone done, or seen a full cabinet with coffin that also uses a collar or some other way to avoid drilling the lid?

Why not remove the factory lid and construct your own insulated lid so that you can return everything back to "normal" in the event you need to get of it.

I had that in the back of my mind. You don't think I'd be loosing to much cold air? Even if I insulate the lid would it still be as good as the factory lid?

I do like this approach though thanks!

If you look at the insulation in the factory lid, you will see it's not very impressive to begin with! I think with minimal insulation on a new lid, you should be fine. And if you find the new lid getting cold to the touch, you can always add another layer of insulation to the bottom of it :mug:

Cheers!

Sweet thanks jpietraski

This is a really good idea to integrate your whole "counter" space as part of the lid. I like it thanks!

Back