Perlick 425ss

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

juslod

Reaction score
Perlick 425's are discontinued and looks like they are slowly becoming harder and harder to find. My issue is that I don't have a kegerator yet but it is something I am working to achieve. I prefer the 425 design over the newer 525 visually so for my dream setup I would like to have the 425's.

My predicament right now is should I buy 2-3 faucets now, in case the prices go up due to lack of supply or do you think I would be able to find them 6-12 months later?

I don't have tons of spare cash to dish out right away, but I'd probably work at buying 1 every few weeks on E-Bay.

Thoughts? Comments?

Not to get off topic, but whats the difference? I have 4 525's and one 575 and love them, hows the 425 any better?

I wouldn't say they're any better, they just have a different visual design. The faucet to the 425 does screw off for easy cleaning but that isn't the reason I like them over the 525's.

If I am going to spend lots of money on faucets in the first place I might as well get the ones I like!

I've got a pair sitting on a shelf in the garage. Not sure when I'll get around to buying the shanks, but I've got the faucets I want.

Yeah that is pretty much how my situation will go too. Storage until I can everything set up!

Back