Short elbow shanks that fit Perlick faucets

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RyPA

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I recently bought a new tower that came with standard crappy, what appear to be brass, shanks and faucets. I had a Perlick faucet on the original single faucet tower that I now want to get another of so my new tower will have 2 Perlicks.

I put the one SS shank with Perlick on the new tower and it does not look like there is much room so I'm trying to find a shank with a shorter elbow. I found one that looks good on eBay but am worried that the teeth will not mate up with a Perlick faucet.

Has anyone else found good SS elbow shanks that work with Perlicks?

The faucet/shank interface is an industry standard.
You should not have issues with quality components fitting together regardless of manufacturer..

Cheers!

The faucet/shank interface is an industry standard.
You should not have issues with quality components fitting together regardless of manufacturer..

Cheers!
I've read many reviews and even in item descriptions that state not compatible with Perlick. Look at some of the Intertap shanks at morebeer.com

To my knowledge, none of the interference issues caused by shuttles or FC compensators have ever involved "teeth".
It's always been the need for more depth carved into the shank to provide clearance for such items...

Cheers!

Not sure , but I did buy one years ago made by Krome, which fits and held up perfectly. Unfortunately it's $40 but I know it'll work. Assuming my 2 tap tower allows it.

A few years ago I bought (Krome) stainless tower shanks from brewhardware.com that work fine with my Perlick faucets. They can confirm whether the current offering is the same and /or Perlick - friendly.

I looked at those, but in the description it states not compatible with Perlick.

That's another thing I'm aiming for, a shorter elbow to not bump into the other shank. I already have one SS Krome shank with a Perlick, looking for a second one that fits in my dual tower.

Edit: Weird, in the email notification I received the link points here: https://www.williamsbrewing.com/Hom...aucet-Shanks-Shank-Parts/Intertap-Tower-Shank . This one looks good and the price is right, may order 2 and replace my existing, just for the shorter elbow.

While the above post shows the morebeer.com link. Or did you edit the post?

I looked at those, but in the description it states not compatible with Perlick.

That's another thing I'm aiming for, a shorter elbow to not bump into the other shank. I already have one SS Krome shank with a Perlick, looking for a second one that fits in my dual tower.

Edit: Weird, in the email notification I received the link points here: https://www.williamsbrewing.com/Hom...aucet-Shanks-Shank-Parts/Intertap-Tower-Shank . This one looks good and the price is right, may order 2 and replace my existing, just for the shorter elbow.

While the above post shows the morebeer.com link. Or did you edit the post?

Yes,

I edited the post. I believe I originally bought them from Williams, but they are not the same. The More Beer ones seemed more like the correct ones.

I don't see why a shank would work for Intertap/Nukatap, and not Perlick. The connections and threads on the faucets are the same.

Note from the Williams site:

" The shank itself fits all beer faucets, but the self closing function is only possible with Intertap Faucets and the Nukatap Faucet Spring. This does not fit Duotight fittings, it has a hose barb for 3/16" or 1/4" beer tubing. "

I've read reviews across the web on some shanks not properly fitting Perlick, resulting in leaks. You'd assume it's a standardized fit, but I guess it's not. Also odd the MoreBeer specifically states that it does not work with Perlick

Back