What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last edited by a moderator:
Just as good as Gandhi.

World Cup time.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1403033544.408585.jpg

Just bottled my clone of Snoqualmie Brewing (Snow-kwal-me for you non NWers) Saison. Had a couple home brew IPAs, batches 1 and 2. The sample was great and was a little buzzed to take pictures. Cheers

Capicu #2. Possibly the nightcap. 5 brews in about an hour.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1403038404.800937.jpg

Perrin IIPA, damn these guys are on their s#it!!! Dank and so good!!! And the taproom is beautiful. One of the best I've ever been to. Servers know the brews inside out, can talk grains and hops.

1403039601507.jpg

Did they already have the CS bottle release?

No. Not until 6 tonight, and I have to grab the kids tonight, so I can't make it for the release. Plan is to head back to CS for lunch tomorrow and grab some. I couldn't convince them to give me some before 6.

Half coconut rum, half lemonade. I work out hard so I can drink like a ****ing fish. Smacked.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1403041242.451415.jpg

Perrin Brewing Rye Wine. So dangerously smooth at 10%. Been chatting it up with our waitress about brewing. She knows her s#it. This Rye Wine was supposed to be a 6oz pour. She was a sweetheart and hooked it up.

1403041518691.jpg

No. Not until 6 tonight, and I have to grab the kids tonight, so I can't make it for the release. Plan is to head back to CS for lunch tomorrow and grab some. I couldn't convince them to give me some before 6.

Haha that would be a hard sell. At least you got to try some today.

Water. Putting together my Christmas beer. This will be the biggest beer I've ever brewed (1.080 OG Stout). I really do not want to rack to secondary. Four weeks in primary get this to FG? I'm using the yeast I harvested from Bell's Porter.

Nightcap #3 or 4. Who cares.

Lemonade and coconut rum. I can't stop drinking this. Liquid crack.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1403049454.106847.jpg

Water. Putting together my Christmas beer. This will be the biggest beer I've ever brewed (1.080 OG Stout). I really do not want to rack to secondary. Four weeks in primary get this to FG? I'm using the yeast I harvested from Bell's Porter.

I never rack stouts to secondary. Usually 4-6 weeks in primary and done. I've done big stouts over 1.100 and follow the same procedure.

I never rack stouts to secondary. Usually 4-6 weeks in primary and done. I've done big stouts over 1.100 and follow the same procedure.

Thanks. My only secondary vessel is a 7+ gallon glass carboy and I don't like that kind of headspace without active fermentation. Here's my plan:

OG = 1.080
SRM = 40
IBU = 60

Yeast - slurry harvested from Bell's Porter
Boil time = 90 min

Grain:
13.0 lbs. Maris Otter
2.0 lbs. Flaked Oats
0.75 lbs. Crystal 80L
1.0 lbs. Chocolate Malt
0.50 lbs. Black Patent

Hops:
1.5 oz Northern Brewer (60 min) 9.6AA
1.5 oz Willamette (20 min) 4.9 AA

Other:

1.0 lb. Lactose (10 min)
3.0 oz. Dutch Cocoa (10 min)
2 scraped vanilla beans (10 min)
2 scraped vanilla beans soaked in vodka (secondary)

Primary/Secondary - 4-5 weeks
Bottle Condition - Until Thanksgiving
Fridge Time - Thanksgiving until Christmas

Sound ok?

Woodford Reserve and an ice cold Miller Light. Great combo. But, it's like surf n turf with filet mignon and imitation crab sticks. High end and low end all in one.

Very last bottle of my first saison. Not sure why this is so over carbed, no other bottle was like this. sad to see this one gone.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1403051278.325001.jpg

Back