lets see your full Fermenters

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1411843149.777881.jpg

Northern Brewer Irish Red. My first brew in ten years.

5 gallon pumpkin ale (army of angry angels recipe from beertools.com) and a one gallon batch of amber ale (my first crack at AG and my first recipe)

1412483148382.jpg

Clockwise on the first pic from 12: dry mead, metheglin, 15month old oud bruin, black cherry mead, 2 buckets of wine made from zinfandel from my work. Second, mug shot of my brett pellicle for all to enjoy :). Big carboy full of 3 year old sherry mead that's been bulk aging, and lastly a homemade clay vessel currently holding a gallon an a half of sweet elderberry mead. Off camera I have some other metheglin in a bucket that's being neglected and a big batch of cider in a bucket that's rolling but not much to look at. Enjoy the gorgeous brett!

IMG_0252.jpg

IMG_0254.jpg

IMG_0255.jpg

IMG_0256.jpg

This was my first split boil on my new Brutus 10-type system!
Blonde ale and oatmeal stout. Both were already going strong after a few hours!
I just mashed my 2-row for a solid base, then steeped the other grains in the split worts, different hops and yeasts and boom, two entirely different beers with one brew day!

IMG_5539.jpg

Left: Hard Cider Middle: Honey Bee American Light Ale Right: Riesling wine. I love opening the door to the fermentation chamber...it smells soooo freaking good.

20141011_021608.jpg

5 gal "Dark Secrets" (slight variation of ncbeernuts deception cream stout)
6 gal "Ballymoe Blonde" cream ale for thee good lady
5 gallons merlot

1413020402265.jpg

Four sours/Brett beers sitting at ambient in glass carboys for the long haul (soonest- the Sour Stout gets bottled maybe May of '15, the Lamebic from a week ago will sit until October of '17 before getting partially blended and partially bottled straight, the rest somewhere in between), and yesterday's Malt Liquor coming to life in the swamp cooler sitting at 58 (fermented warm and dirty with Wyeast 2206 Bavarian Lager)

20141012_225944[1].jpg

11g of a hoppy amber from a Yooper recipe about a week old with some centennial dry hop, and 11g of dry stout that went in the fermenter today

IMG_0338.JPG

Beirmunchers cream of three crops recipe with grits instead of flaked maize

1414972532548.jpg

Blowoff and swamp cooler on the first batch. Someone's been doing homework! Impressive! Cheers! :mug:

Thanks! I'm pretty proud of it. Going to be a long 6 weeks lol

The credit goes to this forum. Started a thread a few days before brewing and that saved me a bunch of headaches!

Sorry for the junky pic, but here's 4.5gal of Phug's hard cider recipe bubblin' away on my floor :drunk:
IMG_0252.JPG

I need to bottle something....

From left to right;

1 gal Pumpkin Wine
3 x 1 gal wild cider
4 x 3 gal Brett cider (amalgamation, melange, Brux, WLP farmhouse)
1 x 5 gal Wallonian Farmhouse cider
1 x 5 gal pink lady apfelwein
1 x 5 gal Pumpkin Pie Mead (& 1 gal you can't see)
1 x 5 gal Banana wine (need to clear and bottle, project for next weekend)

View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1416661698.588847.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

You must tell us all about this fastferment. I've seen them, but that's it.

Whut you wana know? Plastic conical,needed to clean up a bunch of flash, seems to work well, pitched a clean yeast harvested from the first batch yesterday with far less hassle then previous procedures, had to build a new chamber as it wouldn't fit in the old but now I have two, win,win.
First batch will go in a keg in the next couple of days, pretty happy so far.

IMG_5228.jpg

IMG_5227.jpg

Fermenting room

1206040710.jpg

Irish Stout

1206040710a.jpg

APA type thing... Lol.

1206040711.jpg

After 3 days in fermenter... 1.020 wasn't quite there haven't checked since. Looks nice though.

1130041854a.jpg

Whut you wana know? Plastic conical,needed to clean up a bunch of flash, seems to work well, pitched a clean yeast harvested from the first batch yesterday with far less hassle then previous procedures, had to build a new chamber as it wouldn't fit in the old but now I have two, win,win.
First batch will go in a keg in the next couple of days, pretty happy so far.

Next fermenter I get. These look a lot more convenient then my 6.5 gallon glass carboy. Easier to save and reuse the yeast, but I don't really care about secondary fermentation. I just throw it in my keg. I'm impatient.

WP_20141211_001_zps58f66c32.jpg

Basic pale ale. Nothing special.

Latest posts

Back