lets see your full Fermenters

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ummmm....this...is the worlds smallest active carboy. It has just over 9 ounces of back currant juice with 2 tablespoons of brown sugar and a pinch of Lalvin 1118 (happened to be an already open packet) The one next to it is one quart...lol
small.jpg

In honor of my dad, a survivor of the war in the Pacific in WWII, who was a lover of Jack Daniels, he would have been 90 on Lincoln's birthday next month. I put a JAOM together in his memory in a personalized JD bottle he got from the distillery some 35 years ago. Here's to ya dad!

dad1.jpg

dad2.jpg

dad3.jpg

Nice. Inline O2?

I wish. No, I usually aerate after filling. Usually with aquarium pump but I'm trying to trim that 30 minutes from my brewday, so planing to go O2 when I can get my acct together...

I just spray my wort into the fermenter haha. It works just as well as my inline aerator, but cheaper :)

Here are my fermenters sitting on top of my wine/beer cabinet. Turned my son's old dresser into my fermenting station. 4 drawers on the left but I'm going to keep 1 drawer intact for smaller supplies (oak chips, siphoning, bottle caps, corks, etc) and take the other 3 drawers out for wine bottle storage and add doors. On the right is already a door where I keep my empty beer bottles and full cases of beer. Holds 8 cases of 12packs behind the door.

Anyway.

First fermenter is a 6.5 gallon batch of a Cote des Blanc "Quick Mead" experiment.
Second fermenter is a 3 gallon repeat batch of my Hopped Saiser (saison cyser).
Third is a 1 gallon dry hopped English cider experiment.
Fourth is a 1 gallon experimental test batch of red radish Acer-Saiser (saison cyser with only maple syrup, no honey).

IMG_20150129_232412.jpg

Excuse the messy closet, the combination of a child on the way and diving deep into brewing has made storage room an issue

Common room ESB in swamp cooler, deception cream stout (obviously the dark one) and the light one is a modified co3c

View attachment 1423788811594.jpg

6 gallons of 1.106 Russian Imperial split between two 5 gallon carboys to avoid blowoff issues:

11004598_857980740925860_4555029940162121274_o.jpg

image.jpg
5 gallons of dry Irish stout in the corner brewed three weeks ago. 5 gallons dry Irish Stout in the primary brewed yesterday. Sorry for the wrong view can't seem to figure out where to rotate the image.

Okay, showing off five consecutive weekends brewing...

1.) American Amber in day 3 of cold crash...
2.) American Brown Ale conditioning...
3.) American IPA - day 3 of dry hopping...
4.) American Pale Ale - day 8 in primary, and the krausen is still there!
5.) American Wheat Ale - day 3 - slow build on the fermentation - blew off a bit last night

Sorry about the angles on some of these - best beauty shots I could do without taking them out of the fermentation chambers.

Also, sorry about the rotation - there is a SERIOUS rotation issue on this site! There's nothing I can do to get these to show up right (get it? upright?)! Haha!

20150310_055627_Flicker Ln.jpg

20150310_055710_Flicker Ln.jpg

20150310_055733_Flicker Ln.jpg

20150310_055845_Flicker Ln.jpg

20150310_060037_Flicker Ln.jpg

I hope you didn't keg that, it's clearly still fermenting.

I'd get rid of that handle also.:mug:

It hit my numbers after three weeks in primary and now I'll "lager" if you will for close to a month. Belgian 3944 is a bit sulphur-y. Should be fine. Flavor and gravity are spot on. Yeast on nose needs to chill out. Literally.

And the handles are there because I don't feel like taking them off at this point. I lift from bottom. Never even touch the handles when it's full. Plus, my Ss BrewBuckets are in the mail.

:)

Okay, showing off five consecutive weekends brewing...

1.) American Amber in day 3 of cold crash...

2.) American Brown Ale conditioning...

3.) American IPA - day 3 of dry hopping...

4.) American Pale Ale - day 8 in primary, and the krausen is still there!

5.) American Wheat Ale - day 3 - slow build on the fermentation - blew off a bit last night

Sorry about the angles on some of these - best beauty shots I could do without taking them out of the fermentation chambers.

Also, sorry about the rotation - there is a SERIOUS rotation issue on this site! There's nothing I can do to get these to show up right (get it? upright?)! Haha!

How much head space do you leave in your Ss BrewBucket for krausen? My ales produce a lot. With only a 1/2" blowoff, I've been concerned about that. One is in the mail on its way to my house.

I hope you didn't keg that, it's clearly still fermenting.

I'd get rid of that handle also.:mug:

What signs did see that told you this beer was still fermenting? Krausen had fallen back into beer, just stuck on carboy around top. Just curious. Knowledge is king. - Thanks

How much head space do you leave in your Ss BrewBucket for krausen? My ales produce a lot. With only a 1/2" blowoff, I've been concerned about that. One is in the mail on its way to my house.

Quite a lot. The wort filled to about 5.5g and the bucket markings go up to 7. I always treat with fermcap-s because I pitch big starters and almost always get blowoff. I have a 1/2" OD blowoff hose rigged, which I would consider small, but didn't get anything blowing out of it this time.

It's a whole lot more headspace than a 6.5g carboy, I'll tell ya that.

Quite a lot. The wort filled to about 5.5g and the bucket markings go up to 7. I always treat with fermcap-s because I pitch big starters and almost always get blowoff. I have a 1/2" OD blowoff hose rigged, which I would consider small, but didn't get anything blowing out of it this time.

It's a whole lot more headspace than a 6.5g carboy, I'll tell ya that.

Thanks for the response. I always pitch big starters as well. I was thinking with the top of the vessel being so much wider than the bottleneck of a carboy, it would have more room for expansion, but that probably doesn't make any sense. 😄 I like to get 6 gallons in my fermenters, but that may be playing with fire only having a 1/2" blowoff.

Back