Trade Homebrew Pictures!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I already posted the JK stuff, but I picked up a couple other things on the trip. Here's the entire haul.
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1395149528.189005.jpg
I actually got lucky and overheard someone talking about BCBCS at the liquor store I was at. Right place, right time I guess. Good thing my wife was with me since they had a one bottle limit per person. And I was happy to get some Atwater. They released some of their beer in Austin. Not sure when it will make it to Houston.

Thanks for the heads up wes for the coffee. Looks like I need a second voice so I won't bring back a sh*t load of beer back lol

Sent from the town of Rock Ridge. "Excuse me while I whip this out"

No problem man. Did you go get one?

I already posted the JK stuff, but I picked up a couple other things on the trip. Here's the entire haul.
View attachment 186690
I actually got lucky and overheard someone talking about BCBCS at the liquor store I was at. Right place, right time I guess. Good thing my wife was with me since they had a one bottle limit per person. And I was happy to get some Atwater. They released some of their beer in Austin. Not sure when it will make it to Houston.

Im not exactly sure what the deal was with Atwater but I know they had something going on with SxSW

Im not exactly sure what the deal was with Atwater but I know they had something going on with SxSW

Atwater is coming down. They just decided to launch in Austin first during SXSW. Trying to get exposure.

No problem man. Did you go get one?

Yea man. I got one. Was debating going back but one is enough. Going to throw that in the fridge when I get home.

Sent from the town of Rock Ridge. "Excuse me while I whip this out"

Some pickups from the weekend and last night. Also found our I'll get a Parabola as long as my bottle shop doesn't get screwed.
View attachment 186921

In person trade for the Troegenator?
Also, did they give a round about date for when the area would be getting Parabola? If we are just getting Sucaba now, I'm thinking early April.

Which store are you guys talking about? I managed two sucaba, just need to know when to look out.

Seems that the whole area got hit at the same time. I got a single bottle at Monde Market. I'm tempted to hoof it down to Food n Friends to see if they have any left. I'll leave the Foodery out of it for now, as I'm not paying a 40% mark up for it.

In person trade for the Troegenator?
Also, did they give a round about date for when the area would be getting Parabola? If we are just getting Sucaba now, I'm thinking early April.

No - my in-laws picked the Troegenator up on release day (they live in Dauphin so very close.) The guy at the bottleshop didn't give a date, he just let me know I'm in as long as he gets the case he's expecting

Which store are you guys talking about? I managed two sucaba, just need to know when to look out.

I got mine at Trenton Road Takeout in Fairless Hills. I drive by there on my way back from CT so it is convenient.

Yeah, that place sucks.

I need to stop by monde more often. Did they sell out? Was it only 1 per customer?

It was single bottle per person at 20.99 per bottle, which isn't totally overpriced. If you find them on facebook, they send out updates when they get the good stuff, which is almost always. They only thing they don't really get is KBS, everything else though, they are my go-to bottle shop. Their selection is really good.

I think I paid $25 at beer heaven. They tend to be high, but will hold stuff, or have more available, since they are owned and operated in conjunction with society hill beverage. Or because it's expensive and people don't buy it all up.

Not a trade, but I wanted to post the pictures and say thanks again to finsfan for going out of his way to pick this up for me. And he even added some homebrew! Very nice of him, so thanks again Ryan!

I'm saving this for me and my best friends birthdays in June. We are both turning 30 (3 days apart), and I thought this would make an excellent gift.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1395259648.899612.jpg

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1395259661.236182.jpg

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1395259673.121275.jpg

Happy to do it, and im sure the bottle shop owner was happy it finally sold too. Let me know what you think about the HBs. Im still not sure how I feel about the black IPA and only using simcoe. Its very drinkable, but maybe its me being critical. Enjoy! (its 103 IBUs :D)

I would definitely treat it more like a cognac than a beer, drink small amounts on special occasions. Utopias will continue to change and evolve for a very long time as it oxidizes and ages. Plus, its really cool to look back in time when you and your friend are still drinking it on your birthdays 10 years from now.

I would definitely treat it more like a cognac than a beer, drink small amounts on special occasions. Utopias will continue to change and evolve for a very long time as it oxidizes and ages. Plus, its really cool to look back in time when you and your friend are still drinking it on your birthdays 10 years from now.

And when its done, you could probably turn it into a really awesome hookah

This is the plan.

Back