Post Rapture Attendance Report

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Still here. I was all signed up for post-rapture rioting and looting. There was actually a Facebook campaign for a rapture prank where in random places you'd set up shoes/shirt/pants/cell phone/whatever just to see who you could freak out. Was waaaaay too drunk to participate. I still need to come up with a neato rapture-themed name for the weizen I brewed today...

I am still here but not my beer. I was brewing and then the rapture happened and the damnedest thing happened, I watched my brew just vanish while I was brewing, I guess that does mean there is beer in heaven as they have mine now.

Im here whats funny is people perdict this but in the bible it says no one will know the day that it will happen

“The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance. But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.”

2 Peter 3:9-10 KJV

Im here whats funny is people perdict this but in the bible it says no one will know the day that it will happen

“The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance. But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.”

2 Peter 3:9-10 KJV

I had a really bad day though.girlfriend broke my dead grandmas mirror first thing in the morning.Went to a farm to get some milk then stopped by a liquor store did discover SN beer camp(good with the bad) took it home couldnt drink it later (warm off the shelf) Overheard some breif talk about it which i forgot about that day.Even though i felt a weird vibe like dumbasses eagarly waiting for a big kaboom or something. Girlfriend left out of town to plant a garden at moms and left me with a boatload of dishes. We all know we cant have that in the kitchen when botteling,delayed progress. Was pissed later left got some crappy fast food that i threw out then almost hit a dumb dog that ran out in front of me.Defeniantly was the end of the world. Then i woke up.

Yea I discovered beer camp that day too, it's not bad. Definitely not my first choice for a 12 pack though.

Yea I discovered beer camp that day too, it's not bad. Definitely not my first choice for a 12 pack though.

Yeah i would have been happy with a six pack, i liked half or two of the styles.:mug:\
I think i may have been happier with the southern harvest that just came out at $5.99 for a 22 oz bomber. Gonna go back for another.

It was nice and sunny out here, with a classic car show going on. I got to learn how to do an all grain brew, and manually sparged about 8 of the 12 gallon batch (someone else was doing 4 of the gallons).
They had 4 kegs of beer on hand, a pils, a sour, a ipa and something else I can't recall. They also smoked some chicken thighs with a interesting bbq rub.

The kicker? I'm one of those gluten allergic people so I couldn't have the free beer, and wouldn't be able to look forward to what I was helping brew either. I found out that the place holding the demo wasn't open yet (thought it was, but seems a few more weeks.) Plus I got a sunburn.
Oh well, could be worse, I could have given into the temptation and had my stomach go through it's own little doomsday scenario for a few weeks. (I tried to find something to complain about the chicken, but I just can't. It was too good and didn't cause any troubles.)

Still here.
Got this from our youth minister:

"Someone should give Mr. Camping a pat on the back and say,'It's OK, it's not the end of the World'.":rockin:

I am still here as I should be. I was not raptured, I was wed! :D I leave for my honeymoon in the AM. Yes, we served Home Brew. I will tell all in a different thread...

We set our wedding date over a year ago (It may be closer to 2 years) and then we start to see these signs everywhere for the end of the world... Well, we have been cracking jokes about the world ending on our wedding. It was just to much fun to say, "If the world doesn't end..." before each phase of the wedding during the planning stages. Seriously, I totally would have shared some beer if God would have crashed my wedding.

I'm still here but about three and a half gallons of Lord Fat Bottom disappeared sometime between Friday night and Sunday morning.

I attached a new faucet Friday night and sampled the Lord Fat Bottom that I brewed on 12/26/2010. It has been in a keg since 01/30/2011. Oh boy, was it getting good. Beautiful clear dark golden color. And the flavor? Without a doubt the best beer I have ever brewed. It isn't very well lighted in the corner of my basement where my ageing kegs reside. I didn't notice that the faucet was leaking.

I was planning to bottle next week while on vacation. Argh!

Unfortunately, God did come as a thief in the night and I shot Him slap dead. That's what you get for creeping around my property like a dirty thief, God!

So, you can blame the aborted rapture on me. Sorry.

P.S. -- I'm not going to Hell, I'm going to Helles.

I was talking with my neighbor yesterday evening. Apparently, my wife scared the hell out of them.

They had come out on the front porch to "count down to the rapture", and saw my wife working in the front yard. When they finished counting down and nothing happened, they looked into my front yard, and my wife was gone. Then they noticed they were the only ones on the street!

Uh-Oh!

You know why the rapture didn't happen, don't you?

imagesCA8NJ5TA.jpg

You guys, it was all just a terrible TYPO!

It's not the Apocalypse that's headed our way, it the

ALpocalypse!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back