STC 1000 Probe Replacement

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

limulus

Reaction score
Yesterday, I noticed that the temp readout on my STC 1000 (built into the coffin on my keezer) was jumping around every second or two by as much as a degree. Then the heat indicator started flashing and my keezer would not come on. I spent over an hour rewiring every single part (twice). At that point all it would do is go into alarm mode Then as a last resort, I opened my spare STC 1000 and tried it and had the same result (alarm mode). The only thing left to try was the probe. Mine had been in a small glass vial filled with Vodka. I removed it from the liquid and no change. Finally, I connected the new probe from second controller and everything went back to normal. So now my new probe is in a 500mL bottle of filtered water. Since it is an aquarium controller, I know the probe is meant to be submerged in water.

I need a replacement probe for my spare controller. Has anyone found anything that will work?

Not sure about a probe but you can get the STC-1000 for $16.65 on Amazon right now with free 2-day shipping. Pretty much the cheapest price I've ever seen on them shipped. Just picked up a few spares last night. I think you'd be hard pressed to even find a replacement probe for that price.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008KVCPH2/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure about a probe but you can get the STC-1000 for $16.65 on Amazon right now with free 2-day shipping. Pretty much the cheapest price I've ever seen on them shipped. Just picked up a few spares last night. I think you'd be hard pressed to even find a replacement probe for that price.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008KVCPH2/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

+1 This.

Also, with the ability to make the STC-1000 sing with alphaomega's firmware flash, with profiles, pseudo-ramping, °F or °C, it's hard to pass up these things.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back