Internet TV

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DeathBrewer

Maniacally Malty
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Only one problem here, f#ckers! I want to see DIFFERENT commercials! I don't mind the commericals, you gotta get yo money, but DAMMIT, let's get some variety up in this *****!

almost 2 years now on my htpc build and not a cent to directv. Love it. I can record 4 channels of ota hd at a time. I can switch easily to hulu an netflix. I hear with a newsgroup account I can source just about anything. wink wink. But yeah the hulu commercials get old. I was really disappointed that they dont go away with paying for hulu plus

This is another thread from last week where I kinda went off topic..
edmanster said:
:off:
who uses dvd's anymore on portable devices when there is this? i use this UPnP server for my whole house and the kids love it (because the 11yr old gets to watch as much doctor who as she wants lately because she got straight A's)!!! i use it on my WII,PS3,XBOX,satellite recevers,mediagate, some BR dvd players, tv's that support UPnP, and alot more that ive tried... they even have an app for it and i get everything on my phone like home movies, pictures, 500 ripped movies in AVI, etc, that play from your computer that is running the program.. oh, the big thing is almost any sport from anywhere can be found with only a 15 second delay.

luke2080 said:
So remaining off topic :off:

Why would you use that software, making netflix stream to a computer acting as a server, then to your tv/phone, etc. When Netflix, Hulu, etc, allow you to have one login, and then login on the device you want. (Computer, phone, Xbox, Internet enabled TV)

And I'm guessing this is not an option for the OP, as I'm surprised when people of the age of his FIL know how to turn a computer on.

edmanster said:
For the big question about Netflix is that they only allow so many devices under 1 account.. With this your unlimited!! I have netflix but use the other scripts alot more like "tv link" that has all the movies as netflix but 10 x more... Oh, and almost every tv series made... Lately been watching Dexter but I do have to wait a day until it's on the stream.. Like alot of things they do have their bugs but Im happy with it and it will soon replace satellite for me..

Edit: Ooooo, let's not talk about the pirated movies that are in theaters right now that can be found on there... That's a big no no...lol...

:mug:

Then the commercials are slower than what your watching. The normal programing is fine but once you get into the commercials it slows and it starts and stops.

Back