The Misfits Of Brewing Science

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wildwest450 said:
I guess I killed Dave with that Tripel, he hasn't surfaced in days. :)

_
Dammit Paul. Now I'll never get my growler. Oh well dibs on his grain and his avatar.

Not sure I would have the time to do a draft, my weekends are used to catch up on work around the house now. I may have to have someone pick for me.

No way for me to do a live draft, I vote for the online setup.
I've just got to move closer to Nashville...

Not sure I would have the time to do a draft, my weekends are used to catch up on work around the house now. I may have to have someone pick for me.

I would have no problem with helping you out, you would want to draft a kicker in the first round right:D

So what do you guys think, an offline draft that only some of us can attend, or a live online draft?

Another possibility is if we meet at someone's place that has wifi and everyone bring a laptop and do the live online draft in person.

Of course we need more than the four people that have so far joined the league :(

I'm in for some FF... doubt I could make a live draft in Nashville, but an offline draft would be good by me.

I am also having a league here and we will be having a live cookout/draft get together if anyone wants in. We currently have 10-11 teams but could take 2-3 more.

I didn't pay for mine... I did the thing where I posted so many comments on the cityprofile.com website and I got a 6 month membership.

<----- Cheapo

I didn't pay for mine... I did the thing where I posted so many comments on the cityprofile.com website and I got a 6 month membership.

<----- Cheapo

Cocky Devil, Oaked Cocky Devil, Masked Turtle, Amarillo IPA, Double Chocolate Stout, Maple Wheat, Draught Stout, Emma's Ale (Northern Brewer), Deception Cream Stout, Green Apple Brain Bombs
Kegged: Hot Blonde, Chubby Tread, Red Sting

How do you keep this much beer in the pipe-line? You must not share, or ?
... You live in the sticks?

No idea... I've been studying for one of my licensure exams for the past few weeks. I haven't even picked up my grain from him yet. I would say you talk to him more than I do, so your guess is as good as mine.

I joined yesterday. I vote online draft in person and not for those that can't make it. (probably me)

No_Party said:
So what do you guys think, an offline draft that only some of us can attend, or a live online draft?

Another possibility is if we meet at someone's place that has wifi and everyone bring a laptop and do the live online draft in person. (

I have a laptop but you don't need one. There's an APP for that. For those that have Smart Phones.

Dammit Paul. Now I'll never get my growler. Oh well dibs on his grain and his avatar.

Thanks Steveo, feelin' the love there buddy :D Don't worry, I have your growler...and I'm keeping my grain and avatar! Oh and still working on the UofM ticket for you. Hopefully, I'll know for sure by Wednesday or Thursday, at the latest.

I guess I killed Dave with that Tripel, he hasn't surfaced in days. :)

Hey Paul, enjoyed the beer. I can see how you wouldn't enjoy it with the yeast/esters going on with it. But it was really good. Which yeast did you pitch for it?

Hey Paul, enjoyed the beer. I can see how you wouldn't enjoy it with the yeast/esters going on with it. But it was really good. Which yeast did you pitch for it?

It's a "platinum" seasonal strain.
WLP510 Bastogne Belgian Ale Yeast:
A high gravity, Trappist style ale yeast. Produces dry beer with slight acidic finish. More &#8216;clean&#8217; fermentation character than WLP500 or WLP530. Not as spicy as WLP530 or WLP550. Excellent yeast for high gravity beers, Belgian ales, dubbels and trippels.

I have some washed if you're interested. For some reason im wanting to do a big American IPA with that yeast, why, I couldn't tell you.

_

I'm definitely interested in getting some of the yeast. And if you do the IPA, care if I join for the brew day? That would be an interesting recipe to do it with.

I'm definitely interested in getting some of the yeast. And if you do the IPA, care if I join for the brew day? That would be an interesting recipe to do it with.

Brewdays are always open.:mug:

I'm thinking some real kinda "upbeat" hops like amarillo or cascades, maybe dryhopped with citra. I think that yeast would compliment the most citrusy hops well. I have an all amarillo ipa which is very good, maybe just that recipe with the 510 yeast.

Actually, you should brew here, I have an almost complete propane setup, only lacking a complete mashtun, I scavenged some parts off mine.

_

That certainly seems like it would pair well with the yeast. Wonder how the Citra would pair with a little Sorachi Ace...

I've got a cooler mashtun that works really well for me for 5 gallon batches, with a manifold to fly sparge. I could bring that and we could have a couple batches going. Brew day up on the mountain! :rockin:

No_Party said:

Another possibility is if we meet at someone's place that has wifi and everyone bring a laptop and do the live online draft in person.

Of course we need more than the four people that have so far joined the league :(

So when is the draft and how we doin it? I've got to go to wedding in Illinois this weekend Then I'm sneaking out to watch football. I'm not to concerned about the UofM game cause it probably won't be on anyway. But I'm definitely watching the UGA vs Boise game and probably some of the LSU/Oregan. Go Dawgs! Go Blue!

So when is the draft and how we doin it? I've got to go to wedding in Illinois this weekend Then I'm sneaking out to watch football. I'm not to concerned about the UofM game cause it probably won't be on anyway. But I'm definitely watching the UGA vs Boise game and probably some of the LSU/Oregan. Go Dawgs! Go Blue!

We currently have only 6 teams signed up. I was hoping we could do it this coming Sunday, but it may be a moot point if we don't get at least 2 more teams, and preferably 4 teams, signed up before then. I guess worst case scenario is an autopick draft :(

UofM is on ABC according to MGoBlue

It might be regional coverage though. ESPN list it as ABC, ESPN2&3. I've got Direct here at home and ABC says College Football and ESPN2 says Minnesota/USC or Michigan/Western. But usually when that happens its on one or the other. You might be right. I'm going to set it to record both just in case. Cuz I dont know if I'll be able to watch, But I will have my I-Phone to keep up.:ban:

What a night at the BIG House. I'm jealous of those who were there. It wasn't a pretty win but a W is a W. We definitely have to work harder at stopping the run and coverage in the secondary. Nonetheless an exciting game. Go Blue!

Yeh ha ha. Just think how many points would have been on the board if the receivers would have caught the ball in the first three quarters.

Yeah, that's been a huge problem going back into last year. No one is making the routine catches, I think there were at least 5 drops against ND, not good.

Crazy... CRAZY game! You should have been with me in Michigan to see it. WOW, did we throw down!

Back