The Misfits Of Brewing Science

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks IffyG. I looked at the ones on EBay too. I would like the convience factor though.
Do y'all still use the hydrometer for FG or do you just use the conversion formula?

I got mine off e-bay. I still use a hydrometer for FG.

I've got the V2840. Use it all the time for freezing vegetables and fruit.

It is kind of depressing when I vacuum homegrown hops. They shrink to a quarter of their original volume.

Dam I was hoping one of you guys would teach me how to make really good beer. Guess I'll just keep on making swill.

It's hot as hell out today.

Watching my pilsner boil from the comfort of my 65-degree kitchen.

ForumRunner_20110724_161048.jpg

Hey everybody,
I'm going to Lexington this weekend to visit the in-laws and thought I'd ask if anyone had any requests. I'll be getting some Kentucky Bourben Barrel Ale other than that I really don't know whats available. If anyone has any suggestions or requests, let me know and I'll bring it to the group buy.

Fijidave12 said:
Yep, that's the one to go to. I didn't realize this when I first got there-- but you can grab just one bottle out of a 6-pack if you want. After I gained this bit of knowledge, I left with 22 different bottles of brewed goodness.

Any winners that I should not leave without?

Random, non brewing question for anyone in here. Do you (or anyone you know) have access to a car lift? I need to change out an oil pan gasket on one of my cars in the near future and really don't want to deal with in on jack stands.

Thanks for the heads up on the Liquor Barn. That place is awesome, biggest beer/wine/liquor store I've ever been to and the biggest beer selection I've ever seen. I left with $70 worth of lyquid gold. :rockin.

Random, non brewing question for anyone in here. Do you (or anyone you know) have access to a car lift? I need to change out an oil pan gasket on one of my cars in the near future and really don't want to deal with in on jack stands.

You might check out Napa, Autozone, or what ever your local parts store is. Some "rent" tools for free. You place a deposit and get it back when you return the tool. Done it with gear pullers and tie rod end tools. They might have ramps, at least.

Any one else have issues with local water.

A friend of mine has awful stuff coming out of his tap and I saw a disclaimer on a restaurant door last week.

You might check out Napa, Autozone, or what ever your local parts store is. Some "rent" tools for free. You place a deposit and get it back when you return the tool. Done it with gear pullers and tie rod end tools. They might have ramps, at least.

I've got plenty of ramps and jack stands. The problem is I need to take the cradle off the car to get the oil pan out and I'm terrified of being on my back under the car with the engine supported from above. I was hoping by chance someone here was a mechanic by trade, but I guess not.

How was it?

It managed not to rain for most of it so I got a good 3 hours in. We got beer cozies from Abita and the vendors couldn't see the "fill to" line, so we were getting half pints from everyone.

I got to a depressingly small number of tents. I would have gone to more, but I started having problems walking upright and forming complete sentences.

Hit up Big River for dinner afterwards. Tried to swing by All Seasons so I could have a Sunday brew day, but due to traffic downtown, I got there 2 minutes after it closed. I was not driving.

I've got plenty of ramps and jack stands. The problem is I need to take the cradle off the car to get the oil pan out and I'm terrified of being on my back under the car with the engine supported from above. I was hoping by chance someone here was a mechanic by trade, but I guess not.

There's a place here in Hendersonville that I think rents bays. I think the name is CARS, it's by the O'Reillys Auto Parts.

Damn didn't know there were so many Tennessee people here, but as usual on forums most people are in the Nashville area. I didn't read the whole thread, but are there any people in Memphis?

Damn didn't know there were so many Tennessee people here, but as usual on forums most people are in the Nashville area. I didn't read the whole thread, but are there any people in Memphis?

I haven't seen any Memphis guys on this thread but, I think if you search Memphis, Tn, you will come up with several members.

ben the brewman stopped in a few weeks back and is from Memphis. Talked with him about his watermelon wheat.

Bobby, next time you go by REBEL pick me up a bag of the 50 count Grolsch Gaskets
I might try to get up there Sunday to drop off your stuff and pick up grains (and stuff). If not, it will be next Saturday.

Bobby, next time you go by REBEL pick me up a bag of the 50 count Grolsch Gaskets
I might try to get up there Sunday to drop off your stuff and pick up grains (and stuff). If not, it will be next Saturday.

Let me look around the shed, I may have some of the gaskets you could have.

Couldn't think of a better way to spend a rainy Saturday in good ole Cookeville than to brew some beer. Working on a Hot Blonde Ale now. Putting jalapenos, Thai chilies, and a couple dried smoked jalapenos in the mash. Roasted jalapenos in the boil and one or two more once it makes it to the keg.

Back