The Misfits Of Brewing Science

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We could only get 6 people to join the Fantasy Football League. I have changed the settings accordingly. Is everyone still a go for playing this way? If so, I will set the league to autodraft tonight so we can start with week 2.

We could only get 6 people to join the Fantasy Football League. I have changed the settings accordingly. Is everyone still a go for playing this way? If so, I will set the league to autodraft tonight so we can start with week 2.

Works for me...

Damn, just saw this. Been lurking here awhile. Nice to see all the TN folks. I would have been all over that fantasy football!

Crazy... CRAZY game! You should have been with me in Michigan to see it. WOW, did we throw down!

So I'm just recovering from the Michigan game. Very disappointed I didn't make it up to the Big House, but all in good time. Dropped passes could certainly be improved upon, and yet D Rob averaged 33+ yds/completion. But it was good to finally see some successful open field tackling...which never happen last year...wasn't perfect but certainly an improvement.

Alrighty then...

I've set up my auto picks.

Let's make this a little more interesting. Say a six pack each from the five losers goes to the winner?

I got my team!!!

I usually bottle bombers, so I'm only in for three bottles. :D

I'm bottling my Christmas brew this weekend.

It's a smoked and oaked porter that's just short of 10% abv. Recipe is listed.

I should have a few bottles of that handy for my victory celebration. :ban:

I tried to trick the auto-pick, I think it backfired. Oh well, I'm still gonna kick @ss.:D

I might be putting together another grain buy, the absolute last grain buy for 2011. The one after this one could be as late as March of 2012. If you are interested in getting some grain please post and let me know. Send me a PM if you need to.

I might be putting together another grain buy, the absolute last grain buy for 2011. The one after this one could be as late as March of 2012. If you are interested in getting some grain please post and let me know. Send me a PM if you need to.

I would be down for another buy, though I don't need any base malt this time. I just need a few odds and ends.

(CR-MLTO-5) Malto Dextrin - 5lb package
(GW-C60) 2-Row Crystal 60 - 1/4 or 1/5 bag
(5S-PBW8LB) PBW - 8 pound jar

I'll go in on some splits that others may want.

So everyone knows, there's a new homebrew store off Exit 89 MBR Distillery. Descent selection and cheaper than rebel on most things.

Stevo2569 said:
So everyone knows, there's a new homebrew store off Exit 89 MBR Distillery. Descent selection and cheaper than rebel on most things.

Stevo I went there last week. They remind me of a start up store. I talked the head guy and they said that this was just the beginning and that they were going to expand pretty soon. A's for there prices your right about being cheaper and if your military they give you 10% off as well.

Stevo I went there last week. They remind me of a start up store. I talked the head guy and they said that this was just the beginning and that they were going to expand pretty soon. A's for there prices your right about being cheaper and if your military they give you 10% off as well.

Yeh the head distiller was over for a brew day and is very interested in starting a micro-brewery at the same sight. Real cool guy. Most of his malt is Briess. I'm not military but yall deserve a little extra. Their Apple Pie Moonshine and Burbon are the ****.

Michigan in the Top 25.
Suckeyes not in the Top 25.
Haha! Didn't think I would see this for a few more years.
GO BLUE!

Fijidave12 said:
Michigan in the Top 25.
GO BLUE!

Yeh I saw that too. Do you think San Diego st can play or does Hoke know em too well? After this week we will c what M is really made of. Up until next week M really hasn't played anybody besides ND, and they still don't impress me at all. Even beating little brother doesn't say much for them. Looking forward to seeing how the D develops. I named my Cream Ale: Maize and Blue. Corn, Blue label, you know.

Great name for the ale, no doubt

I'm really impressed with how D-Rob's hitting the gaps today; been some good blocking up front. I actually thought SDSU would make more of a game than it has been thus far with their stud running back leading the way. Hoke certainly knows that squad and apparently recruited 85% of the players at SDSU. But the UofM defense actually showed up to play today. Letting a few too many 3rd down conversions, but they are keeping them out of the end zone--and that's all that matters.

I want to know what kind of Volunteer has Michigan for an Avatar? I didn't read through 40+ pages if it was answered elsewhere

Fijidave12 said:
Michigan in the Top 25.
GO BLUE!

I am happy for you Stevo, I cant say the same for my Trojans. Does anybody need a father and son coaching team? Last name is Kiffin.

Cimerian said:
I want to know what kind of Volunteer has Michigan for an Avatar? I didn't read through 40+ pages if it was answered elsewhere

Haven't you heard? It's not where you live, it's where your FROM. I wouldnt go taking smack about M fans round here homeboy.

I may be from Tennessee, but certainly not a fan of the Volunteers. Bleed Maize and Blue, and hate the scarlet and grey with a deep-seeded passion! I only hope the Vols win on game day, or at least cover the spread, so the rest of the roommates aren't pissed until the next Saturday.

Does Denard look like he's regressed in the passing game? He's been terrible the last two games. I gave him a pass last week cause they said his throwing was hurt in the ND game, but yesterday he was equally as bad. His legs won't win against conference opponents.

The defence is WAY better with the same non talent (still not very good), unfortunately Denard will be long gone before Hoke gets a defense in place.

_

The second half was hard to watch with Denard throwing the interceptions into double/blanket coverage. He has the arm strength/accuracy. Denard is fully capable of making the deep out from the far hash on rope, but just hasn't shown it the past couple weeks.

The defense is much improved. Hoke/Mattison have done wonders with very little. Kovacs and Roh continue to be beasts. Martin and Van Bergen are holding that line as best they can. There are certainly some highlights over last year's dismal performance. Once Hoke gets a couple more recruiting classes, that defense will solidify. Even though D-Rob will be gone by the time it happens, supposedly they have a QB commitment from another stud in TX that would give Denard a run for his money.

I am with with the Senior. The Trojans may be down for the next year and a half, but he has the best damn recruiter in all of College Sports. Ed Orgeron can get anybody to commit to his chosen College.

On a side note, I need to brew again soon so I can have something on tap for you monsters. The only thing in the chest freezer is an uncarbed Peach Wheat (not sure what I am waiting for). I have to keg up the Double Chocolate stout. I am supposed to be doing a Theakson's Old and Peculiar clone with my brewing buddy.

Orgeron works his voodoo like none other. He redefines "intense".

Yeah I'm gonna brew an English mild and then a milk stout. Need to keg a few myself...sour raspberry wheat, pale, and a holiday/spice.

Fijidave12 said:
Orgeron works his voodoo like none other. He redefines "intense".

Yeah I'm gonna brew an English mild and then a milk stout. Need to keg a few myself...sour raspberry wheat, pale, and a holiday/spice.

I am with you on Orgeron, just not the Kiffins.

I have to keg up the Double Chocolate stout.

Kegged and force carbing mine after a crash cool. Pretty good flat definitely chocolatey, should be much better carbed. I did not end up adding any Lactose cause for some reason it finished at 1.020. Is coco fermentable? Would it had raised the OG? It started t 1.080. What was your OG/FG Bobby?

Dang Michigan looked Almost flawless today, granted it was Minn with a lot of freshman, but the Lil Brown Jug remains ours. Next week is Northwestern, who looked pretty descent against ILL. The first real test in my opinion. Dam Smith is a beast. Too bad he cant juke like D-Rob, but a great downhill runner. Toussant Too. On top of that OhioSt is loseing to Mich St and I'm drinking my finally ready Oktoberfest. Life is good!! Since Penn St. could'nt cover the points against Indy and M St. is going to win, all I need is Nebraska to not lose by more than 10 and I'll be real happy.GO BLUE!!!:rockin:

Back