Vendors that ship to FPO address (Military Overseas)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thehines

Reaction score
Does anyone know any that may ship over seas to me? I just got orders over seas to a place that rations out beer tickets. I will make may own for my guys and myself.

I am sure that I get some of the items where I am going but probably not everything.

I would like to be able and get some recipes kits shipped.

Thanks

I think a lot depends on where you have stuff shipped to. I recall reading a similar thread where another military guy was stationed in the middle east, and couldn't import items that could be used for making alcohol due to local import law. I know the owner of Austin HB is a regular poster on here and a genuinely decent guy. Might want to check with him.

Another option is to have it shipped to family or friends here and have them ship to the FPO address. We used to have things shipped to the command and have them forward to us, but we were direct support not PCS.

Yeah I just got me PCS orders the other day, already have guys asking if I am going to bring Beer making and Cigars with me.... Hell ya I am
I deploy in June

You may want to check into the regs and instructions a little closer before you brew while in a deployed setting. There are a lot of places you could be going but my first guess is the Horn. I haven't reviewed the instructions there or anywhere specific to your situation, but if you run amuck of a little known instruction you could be looking at a quick ART 15 or Court-Martial. An ART 92 Orders Violation (General or otherwise) is real easy to slap on someone.

I would hate to see anyone take it on the chin, at least without knowing what the possible outcomes are.

With that said, if you can do it without getting hammered, I believe Northern Brewer ships APO. When I was in Japan, my buddy had stuff shipped to him and I think it was Northern Brewer.

Also, it may take some digging, but there is sometimes a CONUS based address associated with your APO address. We could sometimes ship stuff to a random CA address and it would forward out of there to us in Japan.

Good luck, Thanks for your service and stay safe. :mug:

Yeah I am trying to find out if I will be able to brew or not. If so and things don't work out for the APO/FPO address there is a address for my unit out of NY city I think we ship to and they bring it over in one lump sum.

Thanks everyone

Morebeer has no problem shipping to an FPO address. I have been in Okinawa for a few weeks now and have already ordered from them a couple times. Took about a week for an extract kit to get to me. Might be worth looking into.

I'm overseas too. I get dry malt extract from DMEmart. They have some of the best prices and free shipping, including priority to APO/FPO. Nobody can beat that.

I've also ordered yeast and stuff from Midwest.

This is not meant as a negative comment, just information,
Austin Homebrew Supply and Northern Brewer both specifically state on their respective websites that they do NOT.

I hate to be a wet blanket, but Mose is correct. The command higher ups are usually worried about a worse case scenario; SPEC. Jones, SA Smith, or ET3 ****z has a little too much of your homebrew and gets in trouble. (The longer you're without alcohol, the more of a lightweight you become.) When he's (or she's) brought before the base CO and says s/he was drinking your homebrew, the fun stops. No one likes to end a deployment/career with a "Big Chicken Dinner" for something stupid. They also may not want you to compete with the base club. We all know how fast, "Don't tell anyone else, but..." gets around base. Stay safe.

Well then more beer is the way I am going. I am not really doing this for others, that being said yes I will be sharing my home brew. This more than anything is for me to enjoy.

Depends if the host country allows alcohol. If it does, you should be fine. Just check with the JAG office to make sure there are not any local policies. Local commands can have their own rules, when in Rome...

Latest posts

Back