Keezer Help, Internal Hinges

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sully14

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I'm looking for any advice or ideas on how to convert this freezer into a keezer.
I acquired a Kenmore 15.1 Cu. ft. freezer from sister and brother-in-law to convert, but the hinges on the lid are internal. Any ideas on how to attach this type of hinge to a collar?

Thanks,
Chris

hinge.jpg

might have to take the lid apart?? why collar? a 15 cu ft should lend to several kegs - minus the hump - you could use the hump to put your Co2 tank on or other items like yeast or bottles.

Thanks Kegtoe, you're right, and i'm just going to go without the collar. My reasoning behind trying to go the collar route was because i already have 2 faucets and wanted use them rather than buy towers. No big deal, i'll just get some towers. I appreciate the feedback.
Take care.

Depending on your willingness, and DIY skills.... [No offense intended]

You can adapt your faucets and shanks to fit.... Via Coffin box, most likely solution, or you can make a U shaped draft tower out of some 3" pipe of some kind... [Copper/Painted PVC seem popular]

coffins are awesome - and can be relatively cheap compared to some of the multipe faucette tower and they go well if you trim your keezer with wood. Here's mine

IMG_04372.JPG

Thanks guys, I'm going to look around these forums for ideas. I think a coffin would be great, and that's the way I think i'm going to go.
I appreciate the help.

Back