Hellooooo from Florida!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wottaguy

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Hello All!

I'm new to this board but not too new to homebrewing. I've been brewing beer and wine off and on since...well....since the first edition of "Uncle Charlie's" bible, and have most recently been very busy with entering comps and attempting to get a local hb club off the ground too.

I would like to meet other local brewers from the greater Volusia County area to get together to brew with and or to sample brews.

Looks like a fantastic board with a LOT of good info too.

Just wanted to say HI to all you regs out there.

l8r (_)3 :mug:

Hey there Craig! tnx for the welcome!

Say SpanishCastleAle...where in seminole cty are you and do you belong to any local clubs?

tnx for the welcome bull8042!

i'm looking forward to conspiring with.....ohhh...i mean conversing with you guy's and everyone else too!

Thanks again!

(_)3

SpanishCastleAle..........Cool! They have a great club and I am a member too. We just started up a new club serving the Volusia area (Deland; Daytona etc.) and I am currently the interim spokesperson. Our club name is the Volusia County Home Brewers Guild, and we have a yahoo group page here: VCHBG : Volusia County Home Brewers Guild

It's a members only group.

I'm an all grainer (non biased) and average 2 brew sessions a month. (enjoying my recent Irish Stout right now...just tapped it today!) I have an ESB, an IPA and an Irish Red in fermenters now.

Perhaps we can get together sometime to share brews or to enjoy a session. Or maybe you can come to one of our club meetings in Deland over at Abbeys Pub.We meet the last Sunday of each month.

The previous poster Craig is a member as well.

Nice to talk to you...what are your favorite styles?

BTW...here's the url of my outdated blog..LOL!!

Wotta's HomeBrew Blog

Keep n touch...! :)

(_)3

Thanks for the invite. I may do that...I think Deland is closer than the CFHB meeting place. I need some knowledgeable people to test my beers.

I'm an AG brewer that brewed in the late 90's but quit for 9 years and got back into it @ this new years. I've been on a tear (for me) and have brewed every weekend this year except the first one (all the brews in my sig were brewed 1/10/09 and later). I'm doing 2 this weekend...a Foreign Extra Stout (a quasi Shakespeare Stout clone...with Pacman yeast too!) and a Belgian Pale Ale (another one). The BPA is just so I can harvest the Trappist yeast and get some jars of it...then pitch the rest of that cake into the Tripel which is the weekend after I keg the BPA.:)

I don't think i have a favorite style...I'm not a hophead though.

How can you possibly average 2 brews per month? Do you take 6 months off somewhere in there? :D

gee Craig...hummmmmm.......lets see...I brewed an Irish Red and an ESB last Sat.....the week before I skipped....and the week before that I brewed an IPA, and the week before that was an Irish Stout.....then the week before that I brewed a blonde ale....gee.....you're right Craig....i quoted the wrong average....i should have said that I average 1 brew session a week instead!! LOL!!! Thanks for catching that! :D

Anyways... SpanishCastleAle....you are welcome to attend our meeting(s) and i'm sure that everyone would like to meet you too! And by the styles you listed we should get along perfectly too! I've been dying to brew a Vienna Lager, but I have a Dusseldorf ALT and an Apricot American Wheat to brew first. I just ordered the pilsner malt and wheat and yeast today. Also, our club is in the process of getting beer ready for this year's Daytona Cubs Beer Festival, on May 2nd at Jackie Robinson Field. We'll have our portable bar there and a few taps running, and a double pull beer engine going too!

Dan...thanks for the welcome...would you be a member of the SAAZ club down in Melbourne by any chance?

Well guys...thanks again!

(_)3 :mug:

Hi. Im a member of cfhb and live in Orange City. I would love to get to a club in Deland. Dont get me wrong, I would still be a member of cfhb and attend the meetings. It is a great club. I just want to broaden my horizons. It seems that I just missed your meeting but I will try to be there next month. Come on down to cfhb meeting this sunday. They are holding "beer school" at 3:00. It is held at Rossis Pizza on OBT in Orlando. good times.:mug:

kreausenator, please do come join us at Abbey on the last Sunday of the month. We are still in the "forming" stage so we are still pretty informal but we are growing each meeting. We have some PM and AG brewers as well as wine and mead folks. I also was a regular at CFHB several years back but with my schedule the trip into Orlando was tough...

Back