Hello from the Willamette Valley, Oregon

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xlrustylx

Reaction score
Hello,

I've decided that I should start brewing my own beer not too long ago. I live in a pretty good location for it, so I'm pretty set. The only problem is, I haven't the knowledge to brew a batch. I'm really excited about this and hope that I can learn as well as teach here.

Before I go, does anyone know of a site, or article that covers brewing and brewing techniques from A to Z?

Cheers! :mug:

I'm from Eugene. There's a few home brew stores around I could check out soon. I'm determined to learn right and brew right the first time around so I don't have to re-learn anything, I'm sure the guys at the shops could give me some pointers.

Welcome xlrustylx. I hope you do check out the Cascade Brewers Society. We will be having our monthly meeting tomorrow at ECB. We meet downstairs at 7:00. Our club has almost doubled in the last year with the majority being new brewers. My wife and I will be there. We are Tom and Teri.

Cheers,
Tom

Welcome xlrustylx. I hope you do check out the Cascade Brewers Society. We will be having our monthly meeting tomorrow at ECB. We meet downstairs at 7:00. Our club has almost doubled in the last year with the majority being new brewers. My wife and I will be there. We are Tom and Teri.

Cheers,
Tom

I just might have to do that :] I have a lot going on right now, so we will see.

Welcome to HBT.
As Tom said, we do, or did, have a meeting last night. We have other things going on all the time. drop me a line (PM me) or it you hit the [email protected] on our website it will get a message to me and I'll get up to date with what's happening. Our club has a huge range of experience levels anywhere from just getting interested, to 25+ years brewing, which is where Tom falls, correct, Tom?
Anyway, welcome. Hope to see you round the mash tun.
N8
president
Cascade Brewers Society

Yeah, I started brewing in 1980, so more like 28 years. After all those years, I am still learning new things. That is why a good club and a good internet forum like this one are both excellent ways to keep abreast of things.

There are lot's of great books as well as sites on the net, but there is nothing like a fellow homebrewer to take you under their wing and guide you down the path to awesome home brewed beers. Get to a club meeting. You'll wonder why you waited!! Especially as you are in Eugene where there is apparently a very well established club with lots of members. I'm 65 miles from there, and I envy your opportunity.

Back