Looking for Sankey Kegs.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Post a wanted ad on CL. When I did that, I had offers to sell me upwards of 12 kegs. All for $30-$40 each. It seems to be the best way. Lots of people have kegs sitting in their garages that they don't know how to get rid of. In your ad though, ensure that you include the price you want to buy at, otherwise they try and gouge you.

Keep trying. The first post I made had no hits. Then a month or so later, I hit the motherload and had to pass some of them off to friends.

I agree. I kept checking CL ads for everywhere in Kansas. I was willing to drive 2-3 hours to get a keg. Absolutely no luck after 2 months. One day it dawned on me to post a want ad. 12 hours later I had 3 kegs offered from 2 people.

If you are relying on the same ad for 2 months, I'd suggest deleting the old one and putting up a new one every week or two. That way you are on the first page or two of the want section.

Back