Inline CIP pump

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

apache_brew

Reaction score
I'm thinking about a CIP pump for my cleaning needs. Plan is to have a spray ball discharge upward from a riser pipe that an inverted keg sits over the top of. I have 20+ sankey kegs that get used as serving/fermenting vessels. Stems will be removed for this cleaning process. Spray head and keg being cleaned will sit inside of a 50 gallon kettle underneath a burner (to provide heating) hence the need for a plumbed inline pump vs. a submersible.

Question is, can anyone vouch for using a 3/4~1 portable sprinkler pump like this one?Superior Pump 1 HP Portable Sprinkler Pump

It indicates stainless housing/impeller and rated for up to 120F fluid temp. I plan to only use PBW and am fine heating to 100F.

Has anyone used these style of portable/sprinkler pumps for this purpose with good success?

Cheers 🍻

Shouldn't be a problem, dont forget to add some lines that connect to the ball locks.
Add some small valves to the lines, to create a little more resistance that the spray ball has enough pressure.
Pressure should be fine, but it doesn't hurt to see what specifications your desired spray ball needs.
And don't forget that these pumps dont like to run dry.

I don't think you can put a valve on this one, it is not a magnetic coupler pump. It is a vane pump and that will build pressure in the pump to an unsafe level.

Back