What type of coupler needed?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FrankCazabon

Reaction score
IMG_20230922_090321.jpg

I've got some old kegs which I believe came from the UK. I'm not sure what type of coupler I need (Sankey S?) They hold about 50 litres.

Anyone have any idea? I hope the pictures are good enough if not let me know.
IMG_20230922_090341.jpg

Thanks, but the names I'm getting on these kegs are "Green Dragon" and "Keg Services Ltd", neither of which appear on any of the lists I've found. It looks like this coupler might work:

https://www.kegworks.com/european-sankey-keg-coupler-s-system-lever-handle/
but I want to be sure before I purchase it.

This looks pretty much like it:
So it seems to be a Sankey S. But still would like assurance from someone in the know.

Last edited:
If you have the leisure time, maybe you could find a local bar, pub, restaurant that serves a beer using that coupler and see if they'll let you bring it in to check if it fits? ...I'm budget-conscious and the only other thought I'd pursue is looking at craigslist or something to see if someone is selling them cheap... unless someone else here can visually make a positive ID.

Unfortunately I live in Trinidad in the Caribbean and most of the stuff used here (in the few places that serve draft beer), use the American style Sankey D. Being in the Caribbean means ordering things online and having them shipped here make them even more expensive and harder to return if they are not the right thing :(
Thanks for the help.

Looking at the photos, my guess is that keg requires an S coupler. A D keg has a ball on the top for sealing where the S keg has a slight dimple.

I measured a S and D coupler fully extended and the S coupler extends about 12mm longer.

A D coupler will couple to a S type keg but the plundger will not extend far enough to properly dispense the beer without a spacer.

Looking at the photos, my guess is that keg requires an S coupler. A D keg has a ball on the top for sealing where the S keg has a slight dimple.

I measured a S and D coupler fully extended and the S coupler extends about 12mm longer.

A D coupler will couple to a S type keg but the plundger will not extend far enough to properly dispense the beer without a spacer.
Thanks!

Back