Chai Porter

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Red Wagon

Reaction score
There used to be a brewery in Winter Park Co that made this awesome concoction. They have since closed and I thought I would ask you all if there were any ideas out there.

Make a solid porter, and add spiced chai (or just the spice blend if you can find it or want to make your own) to secondary. You could also make a concentrated tea with the spices and add that to taste at bottling. I like adding spices to the boil for a subtle integrated character, and after primary for a clean/distinct spice character. Hope that sends you in the right direction, good luck.

What sort of porter was the base? I wouldn't go with anything too hoppy or roasty.

Rocky Mountain Brewery in the Springs still makes a chai porter occasionally. You could try giving Dwayne (owner) or Nick (brewer) a call to pick their brain.

no it was fairly dry, not too roasty but still very dark, the base porter would have worked well with coffee as well

Back