Your Year In Beer- 2012

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dawgmatic

Reaction score
I hope everyone has had a happy 2012 so far.

I was just sitting around and decided to tally up the gallon total of my efforts in 2012. I realized that I had fallen short of my goal to max out the household limit of 200 gallons. While I partially blame a broken ankle earlier in the spring for throwing off both my brewing and consumption, I'm still quite proud of the fact that I was able to produce 115 gallons of beer/wine. It's quite an upgrade from my 2011, which was only about 50 gallons. Next year my resolution is to hit my goal... while managing to keep all my bones intact.

So what was your year in beer, and what are your brewing resolutions for 2013?

It was my first year brewing and I managed to pump out 76 gallons of beer and wine and also earned 3 medals in competition, one of them being a gold. I know my numbers look pretty low, but I am the only one at home drinking what I make and trying to balance my love of beer with my hate of being chubby.

For 2013, I want to brew more than 100gal, finally make something that the wife WANTS to drink, and enter more competitions to get more feedback and make even better beer.

CHEERS TO A NEW YEAR IN BEER!! :tank:

In 2013, I'm going to dial in my ESB, special bitter, and English IPA. The ESB made the second round of NHC in 2012 but had room for improvement. The other two had slightly less success.

And for once, I'm going to have an Oktoberfest ready for September consumption.

Back