Your favorite type of drinking glass?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Das Boot.

I want one s..t.i think i have one a friend gave it to me as a gift my wife just said its in with the Christmas decorations....i do! I found it cleaned it took a drink out of it.....and it frigging created some huge vortex and covered me in ice cold coors lmao going back to decorations where my shrek cup

This one, just because everyone else wants it:

wYgLoNn.jpg

I want one s..t.i think i have one a friend gave it to me as a gift my wife just said its in with the Christmas decorations....i do! I found it cleaned it took a drink out of it.....and it frigging created some huge vortex and covered me in ice cold coors lmao going back to decorations where my shrek cup

Toe down?

I also have started collecting glassware along with this hobby. I try to drink from the appropriate glass.

The first present my wife gave me when we started dating is a Bavarian pilsner glass with my initial on it. That one's special.

I love the New Belgium stemmed glasses. I came across a few dozen at a thrift store and got some for lots of friends and kept one myself. I don't use standard shaker pints any more. If I'm having a Brittish beer it goes in a nonic pint glass or tulip pint (curvy Guinness style). I picked up some Sam Adams glasses and those are sort of general purpose. I've got some Chimay goblets and Stella Artois chalices (free!) and some mugs and steins and even some cut crystal steins from my grandfather-in-law. I also have a Weyerbacher thistle glass and a yard glass-ish thing with stand (I guess it's really a foot glass). That reminds me--I have das boot, too.

Tulips are my go-to. Easy to hold/drink/wash, great presentation, and captures aroma/nose very well.

I'm a flip flopper. Generally I gravitate towards the tulip shaped, but I've been known to use style-specific glassware.

The most frequently used:

iMWMY1r.jpg

All from Dollar Tree. Been using the one in the middle exclusively for the past couple of weeks. Kinda teku-esque, and beer looks great in it.

I also have a boatload of branded and brewery glassware, but after breaking so many, I only whip them out when having the beer they were designed for. Dollar store glasses are my daily fare.

I've been eyeing the Spiegelau IPA glasses, but I hear some pretty polarizing opinions about them and I wonder if they're worth it at $20 a pair.

Lately I find myself often reaching for a Sierra Nevada pint glass I have like the one pictured below, although mine has their logo etched on the outside instead of printed, and it has a hop cone etched in the bottom of the inside to release carbonation

hop_hunter_glass_1.jpg

But for everything else (including beer sometimes), my go-to is unquestionably a Kleen Kanteen stainless steel pint. I got it at a music festival where you paid $6 for the pint cup and $5 for beer tickets (some awesome breweries were there) and just refilled your pint cup for the duration of the festival (4 days). Since then I take this cup with me EVERYWHERE and drink ANYTHING out of it (except hot liquids, ouch!). It has been dropped countless times on countless surfaces and it just keeps on rockin and rolling.

N4JDSKV.jpg

I have several stiens that I love, just rarely use them so I can't break them. Usually I use a shaker pint or a short drinking glass that's not quite a stemless wine glass.

I've got quite a few different glasses of various styles. There's some specialty glasses I break out for certain styles (stange for Kölsch and Altbier, Weizen glass for...Weizens, lidded stoneware stein glass mug, both approx 0.5L, for Oktoberfest, a horn that I have yet to use for mead, etc), but I tend to fall back on either an Imperial nonic pint for most beers, a 16 oz tulip, or an Imperial pint snifter. Most of the rest of my glasses (chalices, goblets, shaker pints, flutes, pilsner glasses, and so on and so forth, some branded, some not) stay in the cabinet.

Back