Your Favorite Liquid Yeast Brand?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which Is Your Favorite Liquid Yeast Brand?

• Total voters
Bootleg Biology here, I have been stocking up my supply for them the last two years. Still have the MTF Funk Island going for my Golden Sours from the last time Home Brew CON met in person. They are mostly for sour and wild yeast, however they have been releasing some clean strains lately as well!!!

Bootleg Biology here, I have been stocking up my supply for them the last two years. Still have the MTF Funk Island going for my Golden Sours from the last time Home Brew CON met in person. They are mostly for sour and wild yeast, however they have been releasing some clean strains lately as well!!!

I was wondering when someone was going to mention Bootleg Biology. I heard that they recently released a very clean fermenting strain with lager characteristics that they isolated from a wild source.

I have OSLO from them, not as clean as I was expecting. It still had a slight fruity taste to it. My neighbor pretty much only likes pilsners and he was not a fan of the one I did. Probably pass more for a Kolsch maybe?

I don’t use liquid yeast all the time only for specific brews. I love the wide range of yeasts omega has but I picked imperial because I really like their larger yeast count 100 billion cells is like nothing you absolutely have to make a starter every time.

I live about 12 minutes from white labs...so that's the main reason l like them. Would really prefer a yeast with higher viability, like imperial or omega.

Lots of good thoughts in here. Interesting that there isn’t really a clear cut leader in the poll, although Giga doesn’t appear to be getting much love.

Found out recently that an ex coworker’s wife works at White Labs and they don’t brew. Annual perk of free yeast, which was extended to me. So I know who I’m sticking with, at least for the near term..kinda hard to beat F R E E..

Escarpment Labs is close and most widely available from LHBS' in my neck of the woods. I also use Wyeast and Imperial.

Back