You know you're a home brewer when?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You have 25g going between your carboys, and HAVE to bottle/keg 10g of it so you have room to ferment another 10g this weekend.....because it's my Birthday, and I want MORE IPA!!

Or how about when you brew ON your birthday! :)

Mcbobs said:
This!!

I'll be brewing on my birthday as well this weekend! Mine is Sunday the 30th.

No better way to spend it :) I'll also be following up brew day with a Pub crawl! Happy birthday!

When you remember something about brewing in punkins,& now having mentioned it,you have to dredge through 40 years of junk to recall the rest...

When your employees give you a beer-themed card and a gift certificate to the local home brew shop for Boss's Day.

When you decide to make a beef stew with beer and don't even THINK about using any commercial brews in it... Got one going right now with about 3 pints of the brown ale (a dark brown) that I have on tap. Didn't use any other liquid in the stew, so nothing to water down the beer flavors. :rockin: Smells so freaking good, it's unreal. :ban:

Had a nightmare last night. Forgot all of my hop additions and it was fermenting way too hot.

woke up trying to drop its temp and make hop tea. After waking I wanted to check on it until I realised it was just a dream

When your friends start suggesting things you shold brew and names for them rather than wanting to just drink everything you brew regardless. I guess that did it for me haha.

...when you fall asleep to the sound of bubbling carboy(s) (and can tolerate the smell of rhino farts because you know it means there will be BEER!)

(depending on the season, the fermenters live in my room because it stays on the cool side due to lack of insulation and old drafty windows. good for sleeping. good for fermenting on the cool side)

When you go to a pub and order a "house made" brew. You take one sip and shrug your shoulders and say "I've made better".

I'm starting to think I'm a beer snob now..I say that too often! I used to just like beer but now I think I need a shirt/hat/bumper sticker that says "i make better".

When your wife comes home with a soap/soap dispenser...you wash your hands with it and think..."ahh that smells hoppy":)

elaeace said:
When your wife comes home with a soap/soap dispenser...you wash your hands with it and think..."ahh that smells hoppy":)

My wife bought a basil hand soap. Everytime I wash I think the basil might be nice in a brew... Wait naw I wash my hands in PBW, I am a brewer!

When i pour my girlfriend a good commercial craft brew and she drinks it and asks if it is my homebrew. And says "this tastes like one of your beers"

JonM said:
When SWMBO says on a Saturday night "I don't feel well. Can we just stay in tonight?" and you have your strike water heating about 9 seconds later.

You are an amazing man..

underground and under the influence

every time you drive by the farm supply you think FERMENTORS!

image-3459694381.jpg

When you know its common knowledge that no bubbles are not indicative of poor fermentation.. But you still lie awake at night wondering if its your fault.

Back