You know you're a home brewer when?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When drinking at 6 am before work is OK. It is justified by making hydrometer readings.

i've never considered hydrometer readings drinking, even if it's first thing in the morning. maybe that's another way i know. :mug:

when every single fermenter in your house is full of beer or wine and you're buying stuff for the next batch on the 28th even though you get a kit on the first of every month because of a very thoughtful xmas gift. :rockin::rockin:

When you don't mind having a nail in your tire because your LHBS is walking distance from Firestone!!
(me right now... All stocked up now!)

The vet tells you that your dog has some sort of yeast around the bottom of his mouth and your first thought is "did this son of a b get into my brown ale in the primary?"

When your new to the area and neighbors are observing your brewing process thinking "Is he making meth?" while contemplating about calling the police.

When you walk into the beer cooler,knowing you're supposed to be saving money for bills,etc,& you decide that cheap 12 pack def needs a big bottle of Chimay to make it feel more worthy of being in the same fridge.

When you realize your beer is like no other,and its good too. For poop's sake.:)

Cool thread... when you spend money you should be spending on food on a $60 order of various domestic hops because you're itching to try making a Pliny.

Oooor when you check craigslist and homebrewfinds 3 times a day because you can never really have enough stuff for brewing.

Oooor you have to stop yourself from talking about brewing because you will endlessly chatter on about it to anyone who listens.

When you say, "I have this great idea..." and before you can get any further your wife says, "Let me guess, this is about beer."

"Whats this for ?" (is what I get) really she should know by now

shouldn't she ? I mean really, I started doing this (brewing beer) in Dec 2011.

and when your on HBT on SBS and....

When nice weather pisses you off. I've got beer in the #%$@ing garage cold crashing - lets hold off a few more weeks on #%$#ing Spring.

You watch a TV show where an exterminator is clearing a honeybee hive out of a customer's gazebo and you think "I could make an awesome mead out of all that honey."

When your drinking the hydrometer sample from your latest ale while typing away in the giant givaway thread. Be nice to win a kegging kit to put this in,you're thinking.:ban:

When you clean up your garage looking at all your brewing equipment and it's ready for the next batch.

BrewMU said:
When nice weather pisses you off. I've got beer in the #%$@ing garage cold crashing - lets hold off a few more weeks on #%$#ing Spring.

Ha! I had the same experience.

I'm trying to lager my Kolsch! Enough with this 50 degrees in January!!

When the SWMBO gets home from an afternoon out, sees the flask and asks, "did you brew too, or just make a starter?" it was so sexy and brought a tear to my eye at the same time.

Especially whe she raises her glass of home brew,beams a great smile with the love lights on high beam. What more could any mortal man desire or deserve?!

When you make SWMBO sit in the back seat so your beer can get the maximum amount of A/C from the vent.

Your fridge looks like this:

IMG_02011.JPG

:off: What a propane bbq? Might as well cook on the stove lol :tank:

Hahaha, totally agree. Once I started brewing, it became more work to go get the propane tank than to fire up the charcoal grill. I'll never go back to propane. Charcoal tastes better.

Hahaha, totally agree. Once I started brewing, it became more work to go get the propane tank than to fire up the charcoal grill. I'll never go back to propane. Charcoal tastes better.

Glad to have you back. I am looking to get a bbq with a smoking pit attached. Your making me hungry for grilled chicken. Hmmm BBQ and Homebrew (As I begin drooling) :mug:

When you say, "I have this great idea..." and before you can get any further your wife says, "Let me guess, this is about beer."
+1

When your equipment takes up more closet space than your wife's clothes.
+1

You know you're addicted when:
When you're on here answering noobs questions,& the novices come in & try to prove you wrong with someone else's knowledge as if it were there own.
You prove the n00bs wrong with someone else's information because you've read way too much HBT

You've only made five beers and have already ordered 130 lbs of bulk grain.

Nope. I relate my own experiences/things learned to them,& others agree with me because it worked for them too. That's what I spend the majority of my time doing. No way in hell am I some 2 bit poser. It's easy most of the time to spot parroting. Don't be too quick to judge a book by it's cover never having read it.

Nope. I relate my own experiences/things learned to them,& others agree with me because it worked for them too. That's what I spend the majority of my time doing. No way in hell am I some 2 bit poser. It's easy most of the time to spot parroting. Don't be too quick to judge a book by it's cover never having read it.

I don't think he was accusing you of doing that. I think he was saying he's able to do that because he's spent so much time on HBT.

Back