Quantcast

You know you're a home brewer when?

HomeBrewTalk.com - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Community.

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

methusula110

Reaction score
When you have rinsed out bottles on your dresser, night stand, kitchen cabinets, kitchen counter, bedroom closet, and your garage. And you have a Midwest Supply catalog in your bathroom.

LTownLiquorPig

Reaction score
I'd clean if I could stand longer than 4 minutes without punching a wall in anger/agony. Hope a weekend of rest straightens me out. I've lived with what I thought was back pain for about 10 years, but this Sciatic nerve business is ridiculous.

One good thing about it, I've discovered Brewing TV (RIP) and Don Osborn. Word.

Recover_E

Reaction score
When you get a whiff of the banana peel in the trash can at work and immediately crave a Dunkelweizen.

Piratwolf

Reaction score
When you're driving to work in Tidewater Virginia, pass a construction truck with KBS on the side, and immediately feel the need for Kentucky Breakfast Stout.

beerbeerbeer123

Reaction score
When you been brewing for years and never had a successful batch, yet you keep dumping your cash into the hobby in hopes that oneday you will make a good beer

biohaz7331

Reaction score
When you been brewing for years and never had a successful batch, yet you keep dumping your cash into the hobby in hopes that oneday you will make a good beer
You have never had a successful batch?!? What do you consider unsuccessful? Are you all grain or extract?

beerbeerbeer123

Reaction score
You have never had a successful batch?!? What do you consider unsuccessful? Are you all grain or extract?
I brew AG..I consider it unsuccessful when the finished product tastes horrible..Yup never made a good beer...But i keep trying thats how i know im a home"brewer"

davekippen

Reaction score
WARNING, THIS IS GROSS: When you are in for your morning constitution and can tell what variety of hops were in the beer you drank last night.

Just happened for the first time. Nasty and cool all at the same time.

Did I go too far?

WilliamSlayer

Reaction score
WARNING, THIS IS GROSS: When you are in for your morning constitution and can tell what variety of hops were in the beer you drank last night.

Just happened for the first time. Nasty and cool all at the same time.

Did I go too far?
YES... and no?

Black

Reaction score
When you perfectly line up the pot hole and the filter output on the coffee machine to minimize hot side aeration

WilliamSlayer

Reaction score
When you think you may lose power during the 'storm of the century'... so you decide to bottle instead of brew that day.

jmcquesten

Reaction score
When you're driving to work in Tidewater Virginia, pass a construction truck with KBS on the side, and immediately feel the need for Kentucky Breakfast Stout.
Tidewater VA? I'm in Va Beach. What area you in?

Ryfi

Reaction score
You know your a home brewer when you look at the 3 octanes on a gas pump and think: bitter, best bitter, esb.

whitehause

Reaction score
If you've ever used the seat belt in your car to "buckle up" a carboy.....while saying to the carboy" there ya go little fella, don't want you to get hurt".

Not that I've done this....just sayin:D

Black

Reaction score
If you've ever used the seat belt in your car to "buckle up" a carboy.....while saying to the carboy" there ya go little fella, don't want you to get hurt".

It happened to every one of us :rockin:

Cheers!

mccumath

Reaction score
whitehause said:

This, for sure!

stumpie

Reaction score
When your 1990's garage fridge has been upgraded to have better climate control than your living quarters (constructed in 2011).

zmanzorro

Reaction score

Carboys, growlers, six packs ...

Anything with beer in it.

jperry

Reaction score
How about this one,

When all of your pants start to fit, or be to tight, and you need a bigger pair. I used to need a belt just to keep my pants up.

BorealBrewer

Reaction score
You have colour-coded containers for cervesia, brett, lactic, malo-lactic, and acetic cultures.

My parents always hoped I would pick up some culture when I grew up - they should be proud!

ScottG58

Reaction score
When it seems like your hobby is really doing dishes and cleaning the garage (where the mash and boil take place) and the basement (where the beer ferments). I spent hours cleaning the mash tun, kettle, fermenter etc. You also know you're a home brewer if you have a hangover, sore back and dishpan hands.

Leadgolem

Reaction score
When it seems like your hobby is really doing dishes and cleaning the garage (where the mash and boil take place) and the basement (where the beer ferments). I spent hours cleaning the mash tun, kettle, fermenter etc. You also know you're a home brewer if you have a hangover, sore back and dishpan hands.
Definitely been there. :)

DrunkleJon

Objects in mirror are closer than they appear
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
When you have had a really bad day and the only thing that puts a smile on your face is cleaning the kitchen in preparation for tomorrow. I had one of these on Thursday, the world was out to get me. Friday turned my weekend around to awesomeness as I re-brewed my ESB.