Yeast starter has sat in fridge 2 weeks.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grem135

Reaction score
I think I know what i need to do but would like to make sure I'm good to go here. I made a 1.6 L starter for my Belgian dubbel abut 2 weeks ago now. I had decanted most the spent wort and set it out to warm when life reared its ugly head and canceled that brewday and then the next 2 weeks due to the Flu - first SWMBO then Me. god I hate the flu.
Anyway it looks like brewday will finally happen Monday. I was wondering if just warming the starter back to pitching temp will be fine or should I add 100-200 ml mini starter to kinda wake it back up first.
As always i appreciate any and all advise.

I'm no expert, but adding another liter with a pinch of yeast nutrient couldn't hurt. IMO, anything involving a starter with a decimal point in front of the number before the unit "liter", isn't worth the hassle.

I had the same thing happen, life (not the flu) a few weeks ago so the starter I made for my 10 gallon wheat beer went into the fridge, and when I had time to brew I didn't have anytime to do anything with it so I just warmed it up and pitched, I had activity in a few hours. I've actually done that a few times now with no problems.

Thanks, I figured it was good just wasn't sure if I should do anything to help it along other than warm it up.

Happy Brewing

Back