• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Florida Yeast Ranching/slanting equipment

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

edecambra

Reaction score
Hello All,

I have been slanting yeast for the past two years, in large part thanks to this forum and Jamil and White's book. It takes a great deal of time however, and I have found myself without much additional time to devote to it. It is great however to keep large library of yeast strains (currently I have 15 strains: Lager, Ale and brett) and learn a great deal about how yeast will perform, its limits and its strength.

I am selling off my equipment, which is everything you will need to get started EXCEPT for a stir-plate (which is really critical, however I'll throw in a stir bar!)

Included is:
  • 1 - 16 qt large Presto pressure canner.
  • 3 - 500 ml flasks
  • 2 - 250 ml flasks
  • 1 - innoculation loop
  • 1 - alcohol lamp, w/ extra wicks (use only denatured alcohol!)
  • 1 - 50 mm glass funnel
  • 1 - 1 ml glass pipet in 1/100 increments
  • 51 - flat bottom vials ~30 ml
  • 23 - round bottom vials ~20 ml
  • extra face masks
  • autoclavable foam plugs
  • 1 inch stir bar
  • Yeast Book, Jamil Z. and Chris White

Condition:
The pressure canner is in great working order. The bottom has domed out due to not enough water during the first go at it years ago. I had called Presto and they said it was totally safe, and I have used it ever since with great results. The vials are all in great shape, all used though. Some have a bit of water sediment/scale in them which does not affect their use at all. They seal perfectly and all caps are autoclavable as well (duh!!). The last photos have sealed, cold vials with sterile wort, slants and some strains. I can clean these out for you or send them as is if you want to try to get the strains going (if so, i'll find some ice pack and try to ship them, but keep in mind its HOT out!) This is your call.

I am asking 120 dollars plus shipping, which I expect to be around 20 bucks. If you live in Tampa, FL or near by lets meet up!

Feel free to ask me any questions, and thanks!

Back