Yeast left out all day

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bishop916

Reaction score
Brew day took a bit longer than expected due to NFL, family, etc. (damn NFL) - WL English Ale liquid yeast left out ~ 10 hours or so. Dumped into 5g carboy @ 830p last night - no activity yet.

Usually I see good rolling fermentation the next morning, so I am concerned -did I kill my yeast? And how should I recover?

- B916

You should be fine. It could take 72 hours before fermentation takes off and even then, the bubbling activity is not a clear sign of Fermentation. If you are super worried take a gravity reading after 3 days. If there is no change, then you may have an issue.

Thanks for the reply.

This morning before leaving for work, (11 hours after pitch) I shook my carboy like your not supposed to shake a baby, and now 17 hours in I have good movement in the wort and a steady blup-blup-blup into the blowoff container.

RDWHAHB amirite?

- B916

Thanks for the reply.

This morning before leaving for work, (11 hours after pitch) I shook my carboy like your not supposed to shake a baby, and now 17 hours in I have good movement in the wort and a steady blup-blup-blup into the blowoff container.

RDWHAHB amirite?

- B916

ur-ite!

I noticed that yeast is a bit slower starting then say the standard 001 or California V)..that's anectdotal though..I'm not making any assertions!

Latest posts

Back