Yeast for a IPA with piney & citrus profile?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TyGuy716

Reaction score
My brother and I are planning an IPA brew for next weekend. We picked our hops to be specifically piney and citrusy (Simcoe, Cascade, Chinook) for our brew. We want the hop profile to really come through without much emphasis on the malt, any recommendations on liquid yeast to use?
Thanks.:tank:

My brother and I are planning an IPA brew for next weekend. We picked our hops to be specifically piney and citrusy (Simcoe, Cascade, Chinook) for our brew. We want the hop profile to really come through without much emphasis on the malt, any recommendations on liquid yeast to use?
Thanks.:tank:

I really like plain old WLP001 for that! It's used often, so it may be sort of "been there, done that", but it's really great for bringing out the hops in IPAs.

Wyeast: American Ale (I or II), or Rogue Pacman. Ferment them in the low 60's. Make a starter too. Good luck!

I've had very good success & repeatability w/ Wyeast 1056 & 1272. In fact, I'm brewing my Columbus IPA w/1056 & an APA w/ 1272 this weekend.

Back