yeast amounts

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dumpsterboy

Reaction score
My efficiency is way better than I thought, now my OG is 1.063, Mr. Malty calls for 2 pkgs of wyeast 3068. I was going to use only 1 becasue i wanted to underpitch in order to draw more banana in this hefeweizen. Should I add another pakg of 3068. I didnt make a starter. I also have some safale -05 that i could add in I have to. Any suggestions or just add the 1 pkg and see what happens

No, I would proceed as normal. I underpitched with the Bavarian Wheat Blend yeast and the ester profile was very good. Just make sure to aerate extremely well.

I used the same yeast strain for a banana ale I am making. I used a starter, but I don't think it will make too much of a difference. I did ferment at 68-69 degrees in my room. So the beer was fermenting at 73-74 degrees F. I believe the warm temp really brought out banana esters.

Back