Wyeast Forbidden Fruit 3463 best temperature?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HausBrauerei_Harvey

Reaction score
have you used Wyeast Forbidden Fruit 3463?

I will be brewing a Wit soon (my first) and have settled on this strain, it sounds like a good one.

I am curious of the optimum starting temp for this strain to get a nice balance of flavors. They list the temp range as 63-75 so I was figuring of doing something like 65 to start for 3 days and ramping slowly to 75 or 80 over a week after that, my standard practice for saisons.

I wouldnt fuss so much with it. I get good results pitching it at 65 and letting it free rise and do its thing. FYI, expect it to make your entire house smell like moldy gym socks. Great yeast

I don't think you'll need to go that high. It's a wit yeast, so you'll want to treat it different than you're saisons,. I would start around 68 and bring it to the low 70s over the course of a week. On a side note, I liked 3944 better that FF for a wit. 3944 gave me a nice balance of esters and spice with a slight tartness. FF seemed to be one dimensional peppery, but you're experience may vary.

Latest posts

Back