wyeast 3944 belgian wit

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

no_borders

Reaction score
So down at the brew shop they had an extra activator pack of 3944 that wasd accidently smacked, and needed to get rid of so i brought it home. never using this strain before, wondering what peoploe thought of it. Also, I would rather brew a triple, but i was concerned 3944 might be a little too fruity for it, just looking for any suggestions. Thanks guys

I used 3944 in the Belgian wit I brewed last month and was quite pleased with it. cant comment on how it would do with a triple though. I can say that for the wit, it was not overly fruity but the beer itself has a notable fruit character.

so i ended up making a starter and im goin to brew the tripel up tomorrow. I really like Palm's steenbrugge tripel and wanted to add the gruut that they do, but i have no idea what they use so i think im going to skip it this time. I'll post some updates in a few weeks

Back