Wyeast 2124 warm fermentation pitch rate

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wiscohio_brewer

Reaction score
So I plan on making a schartzbier with Wyeast 2124 with warmer than lager temperatures. My basement's ambient temp is 60 degrees, so if i cool it to around 58 and that will hopefully keep the peak temperature down to 62-63 degrees. My question is do I use a lager pitch rate or an ale pitch rate. Target OG is only 1.050 so I'd probably use an ale pitch rate of 0.75M/ml/degrees Plato. Any suggestions?

So I plan on making a schartzbier with Wyeast 2124 with warmer than lager temperatures. My basement's ambient temp is 60 degrees, so if i cool it to around 58 and that will hopefully keep the peak temperature down to 62-63 degrees. My question is do I use a lager pitch rate or an ale pitch rate. Target OG is only 1.050 so I'd probably use an ale pitch rate of 0.75M/ml/degrees Plato. Any suggestions?

You seem to be close to mid way between ale and lager temps.
Go to http://mrmalty.com/calc/calc.html, input the info and click on hybrid pitch rate.

Back