Wyeast 1098 recipe ideas.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

B33R

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I have an ESB that I'm brewing shorty and was trying to think of another beer I could brew and just rack onto the yeast cake from that batch so I could reuse that yeast. I've been trying to get two beers from a Yeast pack and lately my brain has been so fixated on working on my house that I'm drawing a blank and would appreciate some suggestions of a beer that works well with Wyeast 1098. I'm getting close to doing another grain order so my options on beer styles are ingredients are wide open. I think i just need some suggestions to get my brain back onto my beer again. Thanks in advance.

I just made a super strong IPA with that yeast. 7.5lbs of LME and 5lbs of DME, 1.5ounces of centennial @ start, 2 ounces of citra @ start, 1 ounce of Mt Hood with 20 min to go and 2 ounces of willamette with 10 to go. I could almost drink this one flat. Its been bottle conditioning for a week now so im gonna crash one to see how it is tomorow.

Back