• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB: Stainless Sink + Hood

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

samandbekah

Reaction score
Hello,

Starting the beginning phases of my basement brewery and I am looking for a Stainless Sink (1 bay) - 24" x 24" with pre-rinse spray nozzle.

I am also looking for a Stainless hood - approximately 4 feet deep by 6 feet long.

Anyone has any ideas where to purchase these please let me know. I am avoiding retail because of the obvious expense, used (in good condition) is what I am looking for.

Search google for restaurant auctions in your area. I have one local and have got great deals from restaurants going out of business. http://www.fastkitchenhood.com/ sales new custom made evaporation hoods at the best prices that I have found, but the are still pricey.

I know this is kind of pricey, but I got the one linked below a couple of years ago to replace my old plastic laundry tub and will never go back... deep enough and wide enough to put any of my pots in if necessary.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00M87C57Y/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

Excellent, that one looks great and kinda what I assumed the cost would be... what about for a pre-rinse/spray hose for it? I'm seeing those going for approximately $150 or up...

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, those are a bit pricey, but soooooo worth it - the spray hose makes cleaning really easy... and with the tub next to my BK, I don't even need to move my BK.

This is the one I got... https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008LVIIUO/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

It doesn't look like it's still available, but there are others in the 'Customers who viewed this item bought' and 'Sponsored' sections of that page.

Last edited by a moderator:
Fantastic, thank you for the suggestions... My first goal is to get the hood and sink installed. Then from there, still deciding if I want to go electric or gas... My friend's say a gas install is definitely cheaper but I'm concerned about ventilation

I am reading that if you have a powerful enough hood, you are covered, similar to a commercial restaurant. But that being said, I agree, and I worry about the make up and pulling co out of my furnace and Hot water tank

Electric is way cheaper for the same amount of control as gas. All you need is a heating element, inline gfci breaker, and a heavy duty motor switch for the most basic installation. Simple off and on. Where electric gets more expensive is when you add all of the nice automatic temperature control that you can do. When I was figuring out my ventilation for gas, I needed a minimum of a 14" duct, and makeup air. And I could only safely run 1 burner at a time.

Back