Utility sink size?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dhoyt

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm am looking into buying a sink and I am looking for something large link this one.

https://www.webstaurantstore.com/re...ainboards-36-x-24-x-14-bowl/600S13624BKT.html

Problem is bad reviews and it makes me nervous. I have scoured the internet and there are no other sinks this size that I can find and I dont want a cheap one from a box store. So I started looking at other brewers pages and photos for ideas but I mostly see what appears to be pretty small sinks people are using. I have a 20 gal kettle so I am looking at a large sink but I see other brewers with up to 3 - 20 gallon kettles with sinks that don't even seem big enough for the kettle to fit?! Now I feel like I am missing something! Are people CIP with these big kettles? I tried that on the last brew day and it was a nightmare.

I need a sink basin that can fit my 20G spike solo and also thought about this option until I read the reviews. Would also love to find another option that’s as big but better rated.

I own this sink. After about a year.... it looks great, works great.. only issue I had was my own fault for not thinking drain height when I ordered causing me to get longer legs.
I did add extra support to the legs only because of the weight I knew was going to be in it.. better safe than sorry...

Also super impressed with webresturauntstore.. they shipped quickly, were super responsive, and had good prices including shipping.. I also bought a stainless table that is great. They sell all sorts of glassware as well.

Hi,

I'm am looking into buying a sink and I am looking for something large link this one.

https://www.webstaurantstore.com/re...ainboards-36-x-24-x-14-bowl/600S13624BKT.html

Problem is bad reviews and it makes me nervous. I have scoured the internet and there are no other sinks this size that I can find and I dont want a cheap one from a box store. So I started looking at other brewers pages and photos for ideas but I mostly see what appears to be pretty small sinks people are using. I have a 20 gal kettle so I am looking at a large sink but I see other brewers with up to 3 - 20 gallon kettles with sinks that don't even seem big enough for the kettle to fit?! Now I feel like I am missing something! Are people CIP with these big kettles? I tried that on the last brew day and it was a nightmare.

If you want better quality they usually have a model by Advance Tabco but its a lot more expensive. I have the same brand and I'd probably go with Tabco if I did it again but there's nothing wrong with my sink, no rust, not falling apart.... just not as thick/sturdy as I'd like.

I don't have this particular model sink from webresturauntstore, but I do have another model from them along with two different stainless tell tables, as well as multiple shelves and storage racks. I've also purchased smaller things like bus tub, etc., and everything I've gotten from them has been really great. I've only ever had a couple of minor issues related to shipping, and they made things right ASAP.

@dhoyt, If you live in/near a major metro area, I'm betting you could find what you want at a local restaurant supply store. It worked for me in Portland, OR. Also, fwiw, I find 24x24 quite ample.

I went ahead and bought the the sink I linked previous. Honestly for the money it seems fine to me. It was shipped quickly but poorly and came with a broken weld where the backboard attaches to the basin. There is also a crack in the same top corner which is a concern because it could crack all the way down and then I'd be in trouble. I contacted the help desk and they immediately offered me a replacement or a FULL REFUND. I took the refund and now have a free sink. I'm working out out I want to repair it, either professionally welded or hacked with some JB weld or something.

Attachments

• IMG_20210206_100410664.jpg
    IMG_20210206_100410664.jpg
    969 KB · Views: 45
A few years ago I made my own utility sink from one of these guys:

1613136525580.png

Found the largest round one I could find, then built a cabinet for it to set on, and made a platform behind it for the faucet to attach to.

Latest posts

Back